NCSE Frequently Asked Questions
|How do I purchase the NCSE final report?|
The NCSE report is an online products that can be purchased through NACUBO's online bookstore or by phone at 202.861.2500. The purchase price for NACUBO members is $250 and $750 for non-members. The online product provides instant access to all Study results, including an executive summary. Please note that all staff at participating institutions and Study sponsors have complimentary access to the final report. If you are a Study participant or sponsor and have NOT yet received online access to the report, please contact the NCSE help desk.
|Can I preview some of the tables before purchasing the NCSE?|
Yes. Please refer to the tables available to the public on the Public NCSE Tables page. These tables include a listing of participants by total endowment market value; average and median annual investment rates of return for the past ten years; rates for return for the past one-, three-, five-, and ten-year periods by endowment size and institution type; average asset allocations by endowment size and institution type for the most recent year; and average annual spending rates by endowment size and institution type for the past ten years.
|Will I have access to information about investment managers?|
|How may my institution participate in the next NCSE?|
If your college or university participated in the most recent NCSE, you will automatically receive information about the next Study in late summer. Click on the link below to learn more about participating in future NCSE surveys.
|Is there any institutionally specific data available in the most recent NCSE report?|
The NACUBO-Commonfud Study of Endowments includes a series of institutionally identifiable tables that contained each respondent's endowment spending rate, investment rate of return (net of all fees), and endowment value per full-time equivalent student. These data are available ONLY to institutions that participated in the Study. If you are a survey participant and you have not received the institutionally specific datasets, please contact the NCSE staff.
|How can I compare my institution’s data to other Study participants?|
Our new Benchmarking Tool is designed to allow Study participants to compare their investment rates of return, asset allocations, and spending rates with national averages and self-selected peer groups. Please go to the Benchmarking Tool page for more information. Please contact the NCSE help desk for additional information.
|My company is interested in becoming an NCSE sponsor. How do we do this?|
|I don't see the answer to my question here.|
If you need further assistance with the NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, please contact Ken Redd, NACUBO's director, research and policy analysis, at 202-861-2527 or e-mail email@example.com.
- NACUBO Statement on Endowment Inquiry
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis