NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
The data collection period for the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE) began on September 2, 2015 and will continue through November 6, 2015. Invitations to institutions to participate were sent September 2. The 2015 NCSE project page allows prospective participants to retrieve a copy of the questionnaire, view frequently asked questions, access the NCSE Glossary, and provides participation instructions. Staff at institutions who wish to participate in the 2015 NCSE but have not yet received an invitation should go to our Future Participation page. Public and private nonprofit higher education institutions with endowments or affiliated foundations of all sizes are invited to participate in the NCSE.
Results from the 2015 NCSE will be posted in late January 2016, and a final report willl available for purchase in March 2016.
The 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is currently available for purchase. This online product provides you with instant access to results of the 2014 study.
A press release and tables from the 2014 NCSE are available for free on the Public NCSE Tables page. The 2014 NCSE results are based on 832 U.S. college and university endowments and affiliated foundations, representing $516 billion in endowment assets. You may also access endowment market value and investment rate of return data from previous studies by going to our Historical Market Values Table.
- NCSE Participants: All staff at participating institutions have complimentary access to the report. If you need help in gaining report access, please send an email to the NCSE help desk.
- NCSE Sponsors: All study sponsors have complimentary access to the full study. For instructions on how to access the study results, please email the NCSE help desk.
- NCSE Products for Non-Participants: The complete study can be purchased through the NACUBO online bookstore.
2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Endowment Study Sponsors
NACUBO would like to thank the 2014 Study sponsors for their generous contributions that make the NCSE production possible.
Contact NACUBO NCSE personnel for questions regarding the study.
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis