What's New in NACUBO Research?
- 2014 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study (TDS), supported by Hardwick Day, measures tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to freshmen and undergraduates attending four-year private, nonprofit (independent) colleges and universities
- 2014 NACUBO Student Financial Services Policies and Procedures Report - The NACUBO Student Financial Services Policies and Procedures report illuminates a wide range of college and university student financial services issues. The report provides insights on tuition structures, collection procedures, financial literacy programs, and other facets of student financial service operations at NACUBO member institutions.
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments - The industry standard for evaluting the performance and management of college and university endowments, the 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is based on information from 832 U.S. higher education endowments and affiliated foundations, representing $516 billion in endowment assets.
- 2014 NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study -The Student Financial Services (SFS) Benchmarking Study, sponsored by Tuition Management Systems, examines student financial services operations, including: unpaid student account balances; student accounts in collections; student payment channels and methods; student refunds; third-party billing; and financial services staffing and operating budgets. This report provides survey results from 376 colleges and universities during the fiscal year 2013.
- 2013 Tuition Discounting Study - The Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) measure tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to undergradautes who attend four-year private nonprofit colleges and universities. The 2013 TDS includes information on 401 four-year private non-profit colleges and universities.
- 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers - The 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers is NACUBO's second profile of CBOs at American higher education institutions. The profile provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement, as well as basic demographic and other characteristics of CBOs at all types of colleges and universities in the U.S.
What's New in Research?
- 2015 ACUTA/NACUBO/ACUHO-I State of ResNet Report - This research, which includes data from over 450 higher education institutions, is designed to help administrators and business officers address such issues as the unprecedented growth in bandwidth use, network coverage, tech support and costs.
- What is the Price of College? Total, Net, and Out-of-Pocket Prices by Type of Institution in 2011-12 - This "Stats in Brief" from the National Center for Education Statistics provides information on the total price of attending college, net price after grants, and the average out-of-pocket net price in academic year 2011-12.
- Enrollment in Postsecondary Education, Fall 2013; Financial Statistics, Fiscal Year 2013; and Employees in Postsecondary Institutions, Fall 2013: First Look - A new report from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that includes fully edited and imputed data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) college and university enrollment data for fall 2013; higher education finance data fiscal year 2013; and number of employees in postsecondary institutions for Fall 2013.
- State Higher Education Finance FY14 - The State Higher Education Finance (SHEF), produced annually by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) gives an overview of trends in state funding for higher education.
NACUBO Annual Studies
- NACUBO Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE)
- NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study(TDS)
- Student Financial Services (SFS)
Higher Education Publications & Resources
Publications and products in the following areas are provided:
- College Pricing & Financial Aid
- State Economics & Finance
- Student, Faculty & Staff Demographics
- Technology and Distance Learning
- U.S. Department of Education Publications & Tools
Contact the NACUBO Research Staff:
Contact us for questions about NACUBO Research
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis