The NACUBO Student Financial Services Policies and Procedures report illuminates a wide range of colelge and university student financial services isues. The report provides insights on tuition structures, collection procedures, financial literacy programs, and other facets of student financial service operations at NACUBO member institutions.
What's New in NACUBO Research?
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments - The industry standard for evaluting the performance and management of college and university endowments, the 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is based on information from 832 U.S. higher education endowments and affiliated foundations, representing $516 billion in endowment assets.
- 2014 NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study -The Student Financial Services (SFS) Benchmarking Study, sponsored by Tuition Management Systems, examines student financial services operations, including: unpaid student account balances; student accounts in collections; student payment channels and methods; student refunds; third-party billing; and financial services staffing and operating budgets. This report provides survey results from 376 colleges and universities during the fiscal year 2013.
- 2013 Tuition Discounting Study - The Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) measure tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to undergradautes who attend four-year private nonprofit colleges and universities. The 2013 TDS includes information on 401 four-year private non-profit colleges and universities.
- 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers - The 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers is NACUBO's second profile of CBOs at American higher education institutions. The profile provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement, as well as basic demographic and other characteristics of CBOs at all types of colleges and universities in the U.S.
What's New in Research?
- What is the Price of College? Total, Net, and Out-of-Pocket Prices by Type of Institution in 2011-12 - This "Stats in Brief" from the National Center for Education Statistics provides information on the total price of attending college, net price after grants, and the average out-of-pocket net price in academic year 2011-12.
- Enrollment in Postsecondary Education, Fall 2013; Financial Statistics, Fiscal Year 2013; and Employees in Postsecondary Institutions, Fall 2013: First Look - A new report from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that includes fully edited and imputed data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) college and university enrollment data for fall 2013; higher education finance data fiscal year 2013; and number of employees in postsecondary institutions for Fall 2013.
- State Higher Education Finance FY14 - The State Higher Education Finance (SHEF), produced annually by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) gives an overview of trends in state funding for higher education.
NACUBO Annual Studies
- NACUBO Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCSE)
- NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study(TDS)
- Student Financial Services (SFS)
Higher Education Publications & Resources
Publications and products in the following areas are provided:
- College Pricing & Financial Aid
- State Economics & Finance
- Student, Faculty & Staff Demographics
- Technology and Distance Learning
- U.S. Department of Education Publications & Tools
Contact the NACUBO Research Staff:
Contact us for questions about NACUBO Research
- House and Senate Approve FY16 Budget Resolutions
- NACUBO Submits Comments to CFPB on Safe Student Account Scorecard
- Senate Committee Seeks Feedback on Policy Papers
- 2015 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 26-28, 2015
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis