The report provides survey results of a study of 380 institutions' student financial services (SFS) operations including student account and loan receivables, payment channels, credit balance refunds, third-party payments, staffing and expenditures for student financial services during the fiscal year 2012, as well as, five year trends.
What's New in NACUBO Research?
- 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers - The 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers is NACUBO's second profile of CBOs at American higher education institutions. The profile provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement, as well as basic demographic and other characteristics of CBOs at all types of colleges and universities in the U.S.
- 2012 Tuition Discounting Study - The Tuition Discounting Study (TDS) measure tuition discount rates and other indicators of institutional grant awards to undergradautes who attend four-year private nonprofit colleges and universities. The 2012 TDS includes information on 383 colleges and universities.
- 2012 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments - The industry standard for evaluting the performance and management of college and university endowments, the 2012 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is based on information from 831 U.S. higher education endowments and affiliated foundations, representing $406.1 billion in endowment assets.
- 2012 NACUBO Student Financial Services Benchmarking Study -This report provides survey results of a study of 344 institutions' student financial services (SFS) operations including student account and loan receivables, payment channels, credit balance refunds, third-party payments, staffing and expenditures for student financial services during the fiscal year 2011 .
What's New in Research?
- Academic Spending Versus Athletic Spending: Who Wins? - This report from the Delta Cost Project at the American Institutes for Research compares recent trends in college and university spending on athletic programs versus spending on academic and other programs.
- Enrollment in Postsecondary Education, Fall 2011; Financial Statistics, Fiscal Year 2011; and Graduation Rates, Seclected Cohorts, 2003-2008 - A new report from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that includes fully edited and imputed data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) college and university enrollment data for fall 2011; graduation rates for full-time, first-time degree/certificate-seeking undergraduates who entered postsecondary education in 2005; and higher education finance data fiscal year 2011.
- State Higher Education Finance FY11 - The State Higher Education Finance (SHEF), produced annually by the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) gives an overview of trends in state funding for higher education.
NACUBO Annual Studies
Higher Education Publications & Resources
Publications and products in the following areas are provided:
- College Pricing & Financial Aid
- State Economics & Finance
- Student, Faculty & Staff Demographics
- Technology and Distance Learning
- U.S. Department of Education Publications & Tools
Contact the NACUBO Research Staff:
Contact us for questions about NACUBO Research
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis