Looking Back, Leading Forward: The Chief Business Officer Through the Years
Edited by Sandra R. Sabo
NC6013, Book-Softcover, 75 pages, 2012
Electronic Format Available
When developing the questions that eventually “made the cut,” it was critical that this monograph remain useful to you, your successors, and your colleagues. Three areas that resonated and came to be the points of focus were the following:
- Career – How they started a career in higher education, what significant influences impacted their work, and how mentors were an important component to where they are today.
- Role – When the role of CBO transitioned to the “inner circle” of the president’s cabinet and how the CBO can engage the academic side of the house.
- Future – What the position will look like in 50 years and how the impacts on the profession today will set the stage for the future.
You’ll read how the GI Bill rapidly expanded the student population on campuses nationwide, prompting institutions to undertake ambitious construction projects and expand staff. Most notably, you’ll find that the invisible line between administration and academia has softened in the intervening decades. Along the way, the visibility—and responsibilities—of senior financial officers has risen markedly.
This publication is generously supported by:
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis