Business Officer Magazine - Innovation Issue (July/August 2013)
We in higher education are always exploring new options and seeking better ways to provide what our students need, even though the casual observer may think we are resistant to change. Now, however, the pace of discovery and transformation on our campuses is clearly accelerating. At the same time, a confluence of external forces—changing expectations of our graduates, for example, not to mention the reality of some five years of the recession era’s constrained resources—is exerting additional pressure.
This clash of economic crisis and educational demand has served as a stimulant for innovation. In the midst of some of the worst economic conditions most of us are likely ever to experience, we have also witnessed remarkable evolution in what we teach and how we teach it.
To place in a broader context the critical need for colleges and universities to keep pace with influential trends, Business Officer devotes this single-theme issue to exploring five major forces that continue to drive innovations in our community.
The issue is organized around what are labeled drivers of innovation: Changing Curricular Needs; Stretching Campus Boundaries; Global Challenges; Public Perception; and Changing Demographics.
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Fair Value Proposal
- IRS Again Issues 1098-T Fine Notices
- SEC Approves Money Market Fund Reform
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- WEBCAST: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis