Resources for New Business Officers
NACUBO recognizes the need for specialized training and mentoring for new chief business officers, and offers a number of programs that balance experience and expertise with practical application to increase new business officers' organizational, personal, and technical competencies.
The annual New Business Officers Program is designed to provide resources, information and guidance through an intensive two-day workshop immediately preceding the NACUBO Annual Meeting. Participants examine the current complexities of the role and learn from experienced chief business officers, presidents, provosts, NACUBO experts and other pivotal higher education representatives. New Business Officers Program attendance is limited to chief business and financial officers who report directly to the president or chancellor and who have been in their current positions for less than three years. The program boasts more than 500 alumni.
In addition, each year NACUBO offers a variety of professional development programs at the basic, intermediate and advanced levels for higher education business professionals.
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
(April 27, 2014)
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
(February 5, 2014)
- 2013 Tax Forum
(October 20, 2013)
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
(September 16, 2013)
Business Officer Magazine Articles
- Spatial Concepts
- Demand Drives Discount Rates
- "Don't Be Wedded to Any One Model"
- Variations on a Theme of RCM
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe…
- A Solid Front
- What’s Next for Text?
- Branch Out
- The Way We Were
- Ready to Step Up
The 2013 National Profile of Higher Education Chief Business Officers provides information on the career paths, current areas of responsibility, and plans for future career advancement, as well as basic demographic and other characteristics of CBOs at all types of colleges and universities in the U.S.
NACUBO's CFO Perspectives is a series of white papers written by authors with extensive experience in financial operations and offers insights that may prove especially helpful to new business officers or board members, presidents, senior administrators, faculty, and staff.
College and University Business Administration, 7th Edition is the core reference work for all phases of higher education management. Complimentary chapters of the publication are available.
Director, Constituent Programs
Director, Constituent Programs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis