Purpose: To recognize individuals who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to NACUBO's tax advocacy efforts, educational programs, and publications focusing on higher education tax compliance and administration.
Nomination Process: The Awards Council seeks annual nominations for this award from the higher education community and other relevant parties. The recipient is selected in the spring with the presentation of the award to occur during the NACUBO Annual Meeting.
Selection Criteria: Criteria for selection include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of impact of proposed federal tax laws and regulations on colleges and universities
- Leadership in shaping NACUBO advocacy efforts and policy positions, including authoring and collaborating on the development of legislative positions, comments to federal agencies on proposed rules, and appearing to present NACUBO testimony before Congress or federal agencies
- Outreach to institutions and other stakeholders to foster shared resources, continuing dialogue, education, and a knowledge community around tax issues
- Communication of guidance and identification of resources that assist institutions' compliance with tax laws and regulations
- Design, development, and review of professional development programs, publications and other services relating to tax issues
Nature of Award: An inscribed plaque suitable for display and complimentary registration (one) to attend the NACUBO Annual Meeting at which the recipient will receive the award.
Promotion of Award: An annual publicity campaign to provide maximum visibility to the program, including coverage in Business Officer magazine.
2014 Award Recipients
Richard F. Klee, Jr. - University of Notre Dame
Dave Caroson - Armstrong Atlantic State University
Barbara H. Morris - Johns Hopkins University
Joseph R. Irvine - Ohio State University
Michael O'Neill - University of California
Kelly D. Farmer - University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Edward J. Jennings - The University of Michigan
Susan Brooks - The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Stewart Cobine - Indiana University at Bloomington
- Financial Responsibility Scores Released for FY13
- IRS Publishes Guidance on "Cadillac" Health Coverage
- 2014 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments Now Available Online
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis