Purpose: To recognize individuals who demonstrate an outstanding commitment to NACUBO's tax advocacy efforts, educational programs, and publications focusing on higher education tax compliance and administration.
Nomination Process: The Awards Council seeks annual nominations for this award from the higher education community and other relevant parties. The recipient is selected in the spring with the presentation of the award to occur during the NACUBO Annual Meeting.
Selection Criteria: Criteria for selection include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis of impact of proposed federal tax laws and regulations on colleges and universities
- Leadership in shaping NACUBO advocacy efforts and policy positions, including authoring and collaborating on the development of legislative positions, comments to federal agencies on proposed rules, and appearing to present NACUBO testimony before Congress or federal agencies
- Outreach to institutions and other stakeholders to foster shared resources, continuing dialogue, education, and a knowledge community around tax issues
- Communication of guidance and identification of resources that assist institutions' compliance with tax laws and regulations
- Design, development, and review of professional development programs, publications and other services relating to tax issues
Nature of Award: An inscribed plaque suitable for display and complimentary registration (one) to attend the NACUBO Annual Meeting at which the recipient will receive the award.
Promotion of Award: An annual publicity campaign to provide maximum visibility to the program, including coverage in Business Officer magazine.
2016 Award Recipients
Dominic L. Daher - University of San Francisco
Joel F. Levenson - University of Central Florida
Anne Jetmundsen - University of South Florida
Richard F. Klee, Jr. - University of Notre Dame
Dave Caroson - Armstrong Atlantic State University
Barbara H. Morris - Johns Hopkins University
Joseph R. Irvine - Ohio State University
Michael O'Neill - University of California
Kelly D. Farmer - University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
Edward J. Jennings - The University of Michigan
Susan Brooks - The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Stewart Cobine - Indiana University at Bloomington
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference