Rodney H. Adams Endowment Management Award
Purpose: To recognize outstanding individual contributions to professional development activities in the area of university endowment and investment management.
Background: This award honors the late Rodney H. Adams, former treasurer of Stanford University, former trustee of Commonfund, and past chair of the NACUBO Investment Committee.
Nomination Process: The Awards Council seeks annual nominations for this award from the higher education community, investment management firms, and other relevant parties. The recipient is selected in the spring with the presentation of the award to occur at the NACUBO Annual Meeting.
Selection Criteria: Criteria for selection include, but are not limited to:
- Applicability and significance of research to advancing state-of-the-art endowment management
- Effectiveness of instructional ability in communicating endowment management techniques to business officers
- Design, development, and implementation of new professional development programs in endowment management
- Frequency and relevance of articles, compositions, and other written materials in endowment management
- Provides leadership to the organizations that promote sound endowment management practices
- Advances the professional practice of endowment management
- Designs, develops, or implements innovative endowment management techniques
Nature of Award: An inscribed plaque, suitable for display.
Promotion of Award: An annual publicity campaign to provide maximum visibility to the program, including coverage in Business Officer magazine.
2016 Award Recipients
Lawrence E. Kochard - University of Virginia Investment Management Company
Don Fehrs - Evanston Capital Management
Verne Sedlacek - Commonfund
Scott Malpass - University of Notre Dame
Jack Rich - Abilene Christian University
Douglas Phillips - University of Rochester
No award presented
No award presented.
Mimi Lord - Spero-Smith Investment Advisers, Inc.
Richard E. Anderson - Hammond Associates
John H. Biggs - TIAA-CREF
No award presented.
Susan Carter - Commonfund
Judith H. Van Gorden - University of Colorado System
Alice W. Handy - University of Virginia
Elizabeth C. Williams - Southern Methodist University
David F. Swensen - Yale University
Louis R. Morrell - Wake Forest University
Louis W. Moelchert, Jr. - University of Richmond
Paul J. Aslanian - Macalester College
Lyn Hutton - Dartmouth College
William T. Spitz - Vanderbilt University
George F. Keane - The Common Fund
Leigh A. Jones - Berea College
J. Peter Williamson - Dartmouth College
Bruce Dresner - Dartmouth College
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting Fall
October 24-25, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives