Professional Development Award
Purpose: To recognize outstanding individual contributions to NACUBO professional development activities as well as the association’s publication programs.
Nomination Process: The Awards Council seeks annual nominations for this award from the association membership, regional associations, and the Professional Development Committees of both NACUBO and the regions. The recipient is selected in the spring with the presentation of the award to occur at the NACUBO Annual Meeting.
Selection Criteria: Criteria for selection may include, but not limited to:
- Applicability and significance of work advancing state-of-the-art professional development
- Effectiveness of instructional and communication abilities
- Design, development and implementation of new professional development programs
- Frequency and relevance of training materials and products authored.
Publications and Programs
- Timeliness and current value of publication
- Subject matter is currently of widespread concern in the field and of acknowledged importance, about which little has been written
- Originality of the work as a contribution to the literature in the field
- Application of the contribution; which or not a wide number of administrators, from varying institutions, may find it useful
- Literary style of the contribution; clear and effective writing.
- Regularity of contribution with the publications program
- Response to requests for review: whether he/she has promptly and effectively responded to various requests for the review of manuscripts
- Manuscript preparation: the expenditure of time and care in writing a manuscript published by NACUBO.
Nature of Award: An inscribed plaque, suitable for display.
Promotion of Award: An annual publicity campaign to provide maximum visibility to the program, including coverage in the Business Officer magazine.
Award not presented
Award not presented
David R. Glezerman - Temple University
Jeffrey J. West - University of Utah
J. Michael Gower - Yeshiva University
Robert E. Dixon - Oklahoma State University
Suzanne Green - California State University, Sacramento
Janice M. Abraham - United Educators Insurance and United Educators Management Company
John R. Kroll - University of Chicago
Brent Ruben - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Will Reed - Wellesley College
David C. Bosserman - Oklahoma State University
Ronald E. Tremea - University of Utah
Jerry B. Farley - Washburn University
Mary L. Fischer - University of Texas, Tyler
Stephen H. Terry - Michigan State University
L. Edwin Coate - Mira Costa College
Weldon E. Ihrig - Oregon State System of Higher Education
Charles C. Teamer, Sr. - Dillard University
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis