Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 2
May 19 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. James (Jim) Lantz, Vice President, Administrative Services at Montcalm Community College in Sidney, MI, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- Labor union relations and negotiations
- External political issues - how are you working with outside constituents, legislators, etc. to communicate the budget/finance issues at your institution?
- Class sizes - are you considering changes in this area to address budget concerns?
- How are you addressing faculty production and compensation?
- How are your community services changing because of the economic downturn?
- What can community colleges do to work better with their foundations and ask for more monies to address some of the financial issues at their institution?
- Given increased enrollments, have some institutions considered changes to their admission policies?
- Congress Finalizes FY15 Federal Budget
- ED Proposes Changes to Rules on Teacher Preparation Programs
- The Wait Continues on Tax Extenders and Terrorism Risk Insurance Renewal
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis