Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 2
May 19 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. James (Jim) Lantz, Vice President, Administrative Services at Montcalm Community College in Sidney, MI, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- Labor union relations and negotiations
- External political issues - how are you working with outside constituents, legislators, etc. to communicate the budget/finance issues at your institution?
- Class sizes - are you considering changes in this area to address budget concerns?
- How are you addressing faculty production and compensation?
- How are your community services changing because of the economic downturn?
- What can community colleges do to work better with their foundations and ask for more monies to address some of the financial issues at their institution?
- Given increased enrollments, have some institutions considered changes to their admission policies?
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis