Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 2
May 19 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. James (Jim) Lantz, Vice President, Administrative Services at Montcalm Community College in Sidney, MI, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- Labor union relations and negotiations
- External political issues - how are you working with outside constituents, legislators, etc. to communicate the budget/finance issues at your institution?
- Class sizes - are you considering changes in this area to address budget concerns?
- How are you addressing faculty production and compensation?
- How are your community services changing because of the economic downturn?
- What can community colleges do to work better with their foundations and ask for more monies to address some of the financial issues at their institution?
- Given increased enrollments, have some institutions considered changes to their admission policies?
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis