Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 2
May 19 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. James (Jim) Lantz, Vice President, Administrative Services at Montcalm Community College in Sidney, MI, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- Labor union relations and negotiations
- External political issues - how are you working with outside constituents, legislators, etc. to communicate the budget/finance issues at your institution?
- Class sizes - are you considering changes in this area to address budget concerns?
- How are you addressing faculty production and compensation?
- How are your community services changing because of the economic downturn?
- What can community colleges do to work better with their foundations and ask for more monies to address some of the financial issues at their institution?
- Given increased enrollments, have some institutions considered changes to their admission policies?
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference