Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 2
May 19 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. James (Jim) Lantz, Vice President, Administrative Services at Montcalm Community College in Sidney, MI, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- Labor union relations and negotiations
- External political issues - how are you working with outside constituents, legislators, etc. to communicate the budget/finance issues at your institution?
- Class sizes - are you considering changes in this area to address budget concerns?
- How are you addressing faculty production and compensation?
- How are your community services changing because of the economic downturn?
- What can community colleges do to work better with their foundations and ask for more monies to address some of the financial issues at their institution?
- Given increased enrollments, have some institutions considered changes to their admission policies?
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis