Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 1
May 14, 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. Keith Foster, Vice President, Administrative Services at Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen, WA, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- College-wide sustainability initiatives
- Task forces
- Signing the President's Climate Commitment
- Federal Stimulus Money
- How are states utilizing and managing these monies?
- Who is getting money from their states? For what sorts of projects?
- Structural changes in doing business - what are other institutions doing?
- What are some country-wide, new, innovative ideas for generating new revenue streams or addressing budget shortfalls.
- What budget cuts are you experiencing in your state?
- Flu/Pandemic preparedness - in light of recent events, how did you handle this issue on your campus?
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis