Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 1
May 14, 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. Keith Foster, Vice President, Administrative Services at Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen, WA, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- College-wide sustainability initiatives
- Task forces
- Signing the President's Climate Commitment
- Federal Stimulus Money
- How are states utilizing and managing these monies?
- Who is getting money from their states? For what sorts of projects?
- Structural changes in doing business - what are other institutions doing?
- What are some country-wide, new, innovative ideas for generating new revenue streams or addressing budget shortfalls.
- What budget cuts are you experiencing in your state?
- Flu/Pandemic preparedness - in light of recent events, how did you handle this issue on your campus?
- Tuition Increases Slow, While Student Loan Borrowing Declines, College Board Reports
- IRS Response to NACUBO on 1098-T Penalties Offers No Relief
- IRS Publishes Final Rules on Overpayments of Arbitrage Rebate on Tax-Exempt Bonds
- 2015 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 22-23, 2015
- 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 4-6, 2015
- 2015 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis