Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 1
May 14, 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. Keith Foster, Vice President, Administrative Services at Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen, WA, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- College-wide sustainability initiatives
- Task forces
- Signing the President's Climate Commitment
- Federal Stimulus Money
- How are states utilizing and managing these monies?
- Who is getting money from their states? For what sorts of projects?
- Structural changes in doing business - what are other institutions doing?
- What are some country-wide, new, innovative ideas for generating new revenue streams or addressing budget shortfalls.
- What budget cuts are you experiencing in your state?
- Flu/Pandemic preparedness - in light of recent events, how did you handle this issue on your campus?
- Some Cash Management Changes Apply to All Institutions
- NACUBO Summarizes Regulations on Banking, Processing Relationships
- Education Funding Depends on Devil in the Details
- 2016 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 25-26, 2016
- 2016 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
January 25-26, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding ED's New Cash Management Rules
- ON-DEMAND: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis