Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 1
May 14, 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. Keith Foster, Vice President, Administrative Services at Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen, WA, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- College-wide sustainability initiatives
- Task forces
- Signing the President's Climate Commitment
- Federal Stimulus Money
- How are states utilizing and managing these monies?
- Who is getting money from their states? For what sorts of projects?
- Structural changes in doing business - what are other institutions doing?
- What are some country-wide, new, innovative ideas for generating new revenue streams or addressing budget shortfalls.
- What budget cuts are you experiencing in your state?
- Flu/Pandemic preparedness - in light of recent events, how did you handle this issue on your campus?
- College Endowment Average Return Falls to 2.4 Percent in FY15, Endowment Spending Up Sharply
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Student Financial Services
March 13-15, 2016
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis