Community Colleges Roundtable Discussion - Session 1
May 14, 2009 - The NACUBO Community Colleges Council hosted a roundtable discussion for chief business officers from similar institutions. Keith Foster, Vice President, Administrative Services at Grays Harbor College in Aberdeen, WA, facilitated the discussion. The following topics were discussed:
- College-wide sustainability initiatives
- Task forces
- Signing the President's Climate Commitment
- Federal Stimulus Money
- How are states utilizing and managing these monies?
- Who is getting money from their states? For what sorts of projects?
- Structural changes in doing business - what are other institutions doing?
- What are some country-wide, new, innovative ideas for generating new revenue streams or addressing budget shortfalls.
- What budget cuts are you experiencing in your state?
- Flu/Pandemic preparedness - in light of recent events, how did you handle this issue on your campus?
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis