Benefits of Membership
NACUBO membership is institutionally based. First, your institution, school or organization becomes a member by paying dues based on type and/or enrollment. For higher education institutions, that membership grants all staff member benefits. Other memberships limit the number of members receiving benefits.
The following is a benefits summary. Click on each topic to learn more about our membership. For more information, contact our Membership staff at email@example.com or call NACUBO Member Services at (202) 861-2560.
- Professional Development & Staff Recruitment
- Surveys, Benchmarking & Research
- Networking & News
- Resources & Services
If you are previewing member benefits and would like to continue with membership, please visit Become a Member.
Professional Development Programs – Business officers can share insights with peers and sharpen their skills and knowledge through expert instruction. Member institutions receive up to 20 percent off the nonmember rate.
NACUBO Distance Learning - Choose from a variety of interactive web-based professional development opportunities, including live and on-demand webinars and self-study courses — all from the convenience of your own office.
Career Headquarters– Provides key career services geared to both job seekers and employers, including job listings and postings and online résumés.
ON Demand Archives - View archived Web casts at your convenienceprices decrease as web casts age.
Business Officer - Gather useful insights from our award-winning monthly flagship magazine featuring articles addressing current challenges and emerging trends.
Publications – Increase your breadth of knowledge of the business of higher education and make more informed and effective decisions.
Subscription Services - Rely on the premier resource for up-to-date information on taxes, auditing and grants.
NACUBO Endowment Study - Evaluate the performance and management of college and university endowments using this industry standard report.
Tuition Discounting - Utilize this benchmarking tool to analyze where your institution ranks among your peers.
Financial Statements - Benchmark your operations; compare your financial statements with those of peer institutions.
Volunteers - Lead the way by participating in the development of NACUBO programs, products and services.
Faculty - Send us an e-mail if you'd like to share your expertise by acting as a topic authority at one of our thought provoking sessions.
NACUBO Current - Receive news and updates from the federal government, policy groups, associations and other sources.
Legislative Updates – NACUBO updates member institutions about advancement-related news, legislation, and policy decisions in Congress, the White House, and federal agencies.
Awards – Achieve recognition for individual or institutional excellence.
Online Member Directory - Provided exclusively to NACUBO members and is intended as a networking tool to facilitate personal communication among members.
Mailing List - Target key audiences whether you are looking for a new Vice President or promoting a service to the higher education community, NACUBO's mailing list can provide you a targeted market.
Exhibiting - Provide your organization the opportunity of being at the center of key programs, our exhibiting member rates can more than offset your membership fee.
Advertisement - Get your message across with several opportunities to advertise at the discounted member rate.
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis