New Perkins Promissory Note Released
June 28, 2006
A revised master promissory note for the Federal Perkins Loan program is now available. Effective July 1, institutions may no longer distribute the old Perkins MPN, which expired June 30. A loan may be made using the expiring MPN only if it was sent to the borrower before June 30. A revised electronic version of the MPN will be available soon, according to the Department of Education.
The only change to the MPN is the addition of the new military deferment enacted as part of the Higher Education Reconciliation Act in February. Note that institutions are required to notify all borrowers who received Perkins loans after July 1, 2001, about the availability of this new deferment.
The MPN is an attachment to ED Dear Colleague letter CB-06-10.
The NACUBO contact for student aid issues is Anne Gross, vice president, regulatory affairs.
- Lawmakers Move Toward Affordable Care Act Repeal
- ED Issues Numerous Announcements Prior to Presidential Transition
- New Report Highlights the Benefits and Value of Higher Education
- 2017 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3, 2017
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:15AM ET
- WEBCAST: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus