New Perkins Promissory Note Released
June 28, 2006
A revised master promissory note for the Federal Perkins Loan program is now available. Effective July 1, institutions may no longer distribute the old Perkins MPN, which expired June 30. A loan may be made using the expiring MPN only if it was sent to the borrower before June 30. A revised electronic version of the MPN will be available soon, according to the Department of Education.
The only change to the MPN is the addition of the new military deferment enacted as part of the Higher Education Reconciliation Act in February. Note that institutions are required to notify all borrowers who received Perkins loans after July 1, 2001, about the availability of this new deferment.
The MPN is an attachment to ED Dear Colleague letter CB-06-10.
The NACUBO contact for student aid issues is Anne Gross, vice president, regulatory affairs.
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis