New Perkins Promissory Note Released
June 28, 2006
A revised master promissory note for the Federal Perkins Loan program is now available. Effective July 1, institutions may no longer distribute the old Perkins MPN, which expired June 30. A loan may be made using the expiring MPN only if it was sent to the borrower before June 30. A revised electronic version of the MPN will be available soon, according to the Department of Education.
The only change to the MPN is the addition of the new military deferment enacted as part of the Higher Education Reconciliation Act in February. Note that institutions are required to notify all borrowers who received Perkins loans after July 1, 2001, about the availability of this new deferment.
The MPN is an attachment to ED Dear Colleague letter CB-06-10.
The NACUBO contact for student aid issues is Anne Gross, vice president, regulatory affairs.
- ED Publishes Proposed Rules on Cash Management
- IPEDS Considers Improving Finance Survey
- Guidance Available on Title IX Coordinator Role
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- ON-DEMAND: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
- ON-DEMAND: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
- ON-DEMAND: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis