More Time Allowed for Identity Theft Compliance
May 8, 2009
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced an extension of the compliance deadline until August 1 for creditors and financial institutions to adopt written identity theft prevention policies under its new Red Flags regulation.
The agency also promised to provide a template to help low-risk entities, such as those which know their customers personally, comply. When available, the template will be posted on the FTC resource page. A useful 17-page guide to compliance is also available on that Web site.
NACUBO’s Red Flags Rule resource page provides links to the regulation, sample college policies, and more.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Tuition Discount Rates Reach New Record Level in 2015-16
- ED Offers Supplemental Cash Management Guidance
- Federal Agencies Release Guidance on Civil Rights Protections for Transgender Students
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: Containing Cost and Risk with Renewables – the Power Purchase Agreement Story
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Are Hedge Funds and Private Equity Right for You? An Analysis of Alternative Investments
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives