More Time Allowed for Identity Theft Compliance
May 8, 2009
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced an extension of the compliance deadline until August 1 for creditors and financial institutions to adopt written identity theft prevention policies under its new Red Flags regulation.
The agency also promised to provide a template to help low-risk entities, such as those which know their customers personally, comply. When available, the template will be posted on the FTC resource page. A useful 17-page guide to compliance is also available on that Web site.
NACUBO’s Red Flags Rule resource page provides links to the regulation, sample college policies, and more.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Affordable Care Act: Final Rules on Coverage for Adjuncts and Students
- Administrative Jobs and Benefits Costs Drive Higher Ed Labor Costs
- OMB Super Circular Makes Changes to Audit Requirements
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis