More Time Allowed for Identity Theft Compliance
May 8, 2009
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced an extension of the compliance deadline until August 1 for creditors and financial institutions to adopt written identity theft prevention policies under its new Red Flags regulation.
The agency also promised to provide a template to help low-risk entities, such as those which know their customers personally, comply. When available, the template will be posted on the FTC resource page. A useful 17-page guide to compliance is also available on that Web site.
NACUBO’s Red Flags Rule resource page provides links to the regulation, sample college policies, and more.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO