ED Announces Training on Program Integrity Rules
February 8, 2011
The Department of Education will offer two-day training programs at sites across the country on the new “program integrity” rules issued last October. There is no charge to attend the programs, scheduled to run between February 22 and April 29, but advance registration is required. Attendance is limited, so those wishing to do so are advised to register as soon as possible.
While the workshops are primarily intended for financial aid office staff, some topics are also of interest to the business office, such as the changes to the return of Title IV funds rules and a new requirement to ensure that Pell-eligible students can obtain books and supplies in a timely manner.
In addition to the October 29, 2010, final regulations, the programs will also cover:
- The 2011-2012 application processing system, including changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), FAFSA on the Web, and FAA Access to CPS Online.
- Updates on the required consumer information disclosures required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), Pub. L. 110-315.
- Certain issues affecting the administration of the Pell Grant and Direct Loan programs.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET