ED Announces Training on Program Integrity Rules
February 8, 2011
The Department of Education will offer two-day training programs at sites across the country on the new “program integrity” rules issued last October. There is no charge to attend the programs, scheduled to run between February 22 and April 29, but advance registration is required. Attendance is limited, so those wishing to do so are advised to register as soon as possible.
While the workshops are primarily intended for financial aid office staff, some topics are also of interest to the business office, such as the changes to the return of Title IV funds rules and a new requirement to ensure that Pell-eligible students can obtain books and supplies in a timely manner.
In addition to the October 29, 2010, final regulations, the programs will also cover:
- The 2011-2012 application processing system, including changes to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), FAFSA on the Web, and FAA Access to CPS Online.
- Updates on the required consumer information disclosures required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), Pub. L. 110-315.
- Certain issues affecting the administration of the Pell Grant and Direct Loan programs.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- IRS Releases Final Report on College and University Compliance Project
- NACUBO Seeks Input on Ethics, Fraud, and Controls
- FY13 Implementation Reminder for Independent Institutions
- CAO and CBO Collaborations: Leveraging Institutional Capacity to Impact Effectiveness
August 5-6, 2013
- 2013 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 16-17, 2013
- WEBCAST: The Higher Education Accounting Forum Online
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: Improve Your NFP Audit and Accounting Guide IQ
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: OD: The Cashless and Paperless Business Office
- ON-DEMAND: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis