ED Announces Additional Negotiated Rulemaking Effort
June 4, 2009
The Department of Education plans to convene two new teams of stakeholders to consider changes in its regulations. One team will focus on issues affecting foreign institutions, including changes that were enacted as part of the Higher Education Opportunity Act. The other will address program integrity issues, including incentive compensation, satisfactory academic progress, and verification of information on student aid applications. Details are provided in a May 26 Federal Register notice.
In order to gather information on topics that should be addressed, ED will hold three public hearings across the country in June:
June 15-16 Community College of Denver
June 18-19 University of Arkansas at Little Rock
June 22-23 Community College of Philadelphia
On the first day, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, the public hearings will solicit input on recommended changes to regulations or problems that need to be addressed. On the second day, ED will conduct two forums at the same location. One forum will focus on approaches to ED’s financial aid communications and processes that could improve college planning, preparation, and access. The other will look at ways that federal programs could play a stronger role in fostering educational persistence and degree attainment.
Members are encouraged to share their thoughts and suggestions with NACUBO.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Senator Releases Survey Results on Sexual Assault
- ED Unveils 2014 College Cost Watch Lists
- Inflation-Adjusted Net Tuition Revenue at Private Institutions Flat
- ON-DEMAND: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis