ED Announces Additional Negotiated Rulemaking Effort
June 4, 2009
The Department of Education plans to convene two new teams of stakeholders to consider changes in its regulations. One team will focus on issues affecting foreign institutions, including changes that were enacted as part of the Higher Education Opportunity Act. The other will address program integrity issues, including incentive compensation, satisfactory academic progress, and verification of information on student aid applications. Details are provided in a May 26 Federal Register notice.
In order to gather information on topics that should be addressed, ED will hold three public hearings across the country in June:
June 15-16 Community College of Denver
June 18-19 University of Arkansas at Little Rock
June 22-23 Community College of Philadelphia
On the first day, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, the public hearings will solicit input on recommended changes to regulations or problems that need to be addressed. On the second day, ED will conduct two forums at the same location. One forum will focus on approaches to ED’s financial aid communications and processes that could improve college planning, preparation, and access. The other will look at ways that federal programs could play a stronger role in fostering educational persistence and degree attainment.
Members are encouraged to share their thoughts and suggestions with NACUBO.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- ED Tightens New "Gainful Employment" Rules
- GASB Studies Irrevocable Charitable Trusts
- ED Negotiations Focus on Cash Management
- 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 27-29, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Understanding the Results of the 2013 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments, and a Look to 2014 and Beyond
- ON-DEMAND: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
- ON-DEMAND: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis