ED Announces Additional Negotiated Rulemaking Effort
June 4, 2009
The Department of Education plans to convene two new teams of stakeholders to consider changes in its regulations. One team will focus on issues affecting foreign institutions, including changes that were enacted as part of the Higher Education Opportunity Act. The other will address program integrity issues, including incentive compensation, satisfactory academic progress, and verification of information on student aid applications. Details are provided in a May 26 Federal Register notice.
In order to gather information on topics that should be addressed, ED will hold three public hearings across the country in June:
June 15-16 Community College of Denver
June 18-19 University of Arkansas at Little Rock
June 22-23 Community College of Philadelphia
On the first day, from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, the public hearings will solicit input on recommended changes to regulations or problems that need to be addressed. On the second day, ED will conduct two forums at the same location. One forum will focus on approaches to ED’s financial aid communications and processes that could improve college planning, preparation, and access. The other will look at ways that federal programs could play a stronger role in fostering educational persistence and degree attainment.
Members are encouraged to share their thoughts and suggestions with NACUBO.
Anne C. Gross
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs