Deadline to Sign DOD MOU Extended
July 11, 2014
On July 7, the Department of Defense (DOD) made an edit to its May 2014 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) dealing with the agency's Tuition Assistance program. Now titled "Change 3," the change adds a paragraph heading at 4.f.2, "Educational institutions will comply with these requirements for the return of TA funds." Even though this additional text does not change the content or intent of the MOU, DOD is giving institutions until 11:59 p.m. EDT September 5 to sign the new version.
Institutions that have already signed the May 2014 MOU do not need to sign this new version; however, they are required to sign a certification statement acknowledging they are aware of the change. Certification statements are also due to DOD by 11:59 p.m. EDT September 5.
Additionally, the FAQs on the MOU Web site have been updated.
- DOD MOU Q&A document prepared by NACUBO and the American Council on Education
- NACUBO's summary of the MOU
Senior Policy Analyst
- Broad Coalition Presses for Expansion of Employer-Provided Tuition Benefits
- New GASB Standard Tackles Fiduciary Activities
- New Report Details Charitable Giving to Colleges and Universities
- WEBCAST: Planning Components of Civil Discourse
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Compliance Challenges for the New EPA Hazardous Waste Rule
- ON-DEMAND: The ROI of Student Success: Practical Considerations for Measuring and Conveying the Financial Value of Student Support Services
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Student Financial Services Conference