Deadline to Sign DOD MOU Extended
July 11, 2014
On July 7, the Department of Defense (DOD) made an edit to its May 2014 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) dealing with the agency's Tuition Assistance program. Now titled "Change 3," the change adds a paragraph heading at 4.f.2, "Educational institutions will comply with these requirements for the return of TA funds." Even though this additional text does not change the content or intent of the MOU, DOD is giving institutions until 11:59 p.m. EDT September 5 to sign the new version.
Institutions that have already signed the May 2014 MOU do not need to sign this new version; however, they are required to sign a certification statement acknowledging they are aware of the change. Certification statements are also due to DOD by 11:59 p.m. EDT September 5.
Additionally, the FAQs on the MOU Web site have been updated.
- DOD MOU Q&A document prepared by NACUBO and the American Council on Education
- NACUBO's summary of the MOU
Senior Policy Analyst
- NACUBO Expresses Concerns with ED Proposal to Expand Federal Financial Responsibility Rules
- IRS Proposes Modifications to 1098-T Reporting
- ED Policy to Require Annual Student Aid Compliance Audits Beginning FY17
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Big Opportunities for Small Institutions
September 20-21, 2016
- 2016 Tax Forum
September 25-27, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives