Deadline to Sign DOD MOU Extended
July 11, 2014
On July 7, the Department of Defense (DOD) made an edit to its May 2014 Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) dealing with the agency's Tuition Assistance program. Now titled "Change 3," the change adds a paragraph heading at 4.f.2, "Educational institutions will comply with these requirements for the return of TA funds." Even though this additional text does not change the content or intent of the MOU, DOD is giving institutions until 11:59 p.m. EDT September 5 to sign the new version.
Institutions that have already signed the May 2014 MOU do not need to sign this new version; however, they are required to sign a certification statement acknowledging they are aware of the change. Certification statements are also due to DOD by 11:59 p.m. EDT September 5.
Additionally, the FAQs on the MOU Web site have been updated.
- DOD MOU Q&A document prepared by NACUBO and the American Council on Education
- NACUBO's summary of the MOU
Senior Policy Analyst
- ED Launches New College Scorecard
- NACUBO Members Convey Legislative Priorities on Capitol Hill
- Panelists Detail Complex Campus Sexual Assault Regulations at Hearing
- 2015 Tax Forum
October 25-27, 2015
- WEBCAST: A Financially Sustainable Approach to Innovate Academic Programs
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
- ON-DEMAND: Developing Your Campus Distance Learning Strategy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2015 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live!: CBO Speaks
- ON-DEMAND: A Just-in-Time Webcast to Explain FASB’s NFP Reporting Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: Decoding ED's Cash Management Proposal
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis