Competition Open for $2 Billion Grant Program for Community Colleges
January 28, 2011
The Department of Labor has announced the availability of $500 million in grants for each of the next four years to be awarded to community colleges through the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grants program. The new program was authorized by the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2010.
While the term "community college" is used in the title, all institutions offering programs of two years or less that are "suited for workers who are eligible for training under the Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers program, and prepare program participants for employment in high-wage, high-skill occupations" are eligible to apply. Grants will range from $2.5 - $5 million for individual institutions and from $2.5 to $20 million for consortium applicants (two or more eligible institutions).
The notice also allows for grants to exceed the maximum amounts listed above if the applicants replicate "strategies that have been shown by prior research to have strong or moderate evidence of positive impacts on education and/or employment outcomes" or "develop and implement online and technology-enabled courses and learning projects" that can be applied to a large geographic area beyond that normally served by the institution.
The deadline for applications is April 21. Details on the application process can be found on the DOL website.
Senior Policy Analyst
- ED Proposes New Rules for Distance Education and Foreign Locations
- Senate Bill Would Increase Bank-Qualified Debt Limit
- New Statistics on College Enrollment and Completion Released
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- 2016 Managerial Analysis and Decision Support
November 17-18, 2016
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives