Competition Open for $2 Billion Grant Program for Community Colleges
January 28, 2011
The Department of Labor has announced the availability of $500 million in grants for each of the next four years to be awarded to community colleges through the Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training Grants program. The new program was authorized by the Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2010.
While the term "community college" is used in the title, all institutions offering programs of two years or less that are "suited for workers who are eligible for training under the Trade Adjustment Assistance for Workers program, and prepare program participants for employment in high-wage, high-skill occupations" are eligible to apply. Grants will range from $2.5 - $5 million for individual institutions and from $2.5 to $20 million for consortium applicants (two or more eligible institutions).
The notice also allows for grants to exceed the maximum amounts listed above if the applicants replicate "strategies that have been shown by prior research to have strong or moderate evidence of positive impacts on education and/or employment outcomes" or "develop and implement online and technology-enabled courses and learning projects" that can be applied to a large geographic area beyond that normally served by the institution.
The deadline for applications is April 21. Details on the application process can be found on the DOL website.
Senior Policy Analyst
- NACUBO Statement on Endowment Inquiry
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis