Campus Safety and Security Project
The Campus Safety and Security Project, launched in early 2008, is designed to assist colleges and universities in finding new ways (through policies, processes, technology, research, and promising practices) to deal with the complex task of balancing traditional open campus environments with the need for increased campus safety and security. Focused on encouraging an all-threats approach to emergency preparedness, the project is a collaborative endeavor of nine associations whose members represent the many administrative areas of the campus that need to work effectively together to safeguard the community. Read more about the project in Safety From All Angles.
Ready to Respond: Case Studies in Campus Safety and Security
The National Campus Safety and Security Project (NCSSP), led by NACUBO, sought to help colleges and universities develop comprehensive emergency management plans that address the four phases of emergency management: prevention/mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery. Six institutions were selected for study based on best practices and a diversity of approaches to an array of safety and security issues. Presented in this book for the first time, these case studies offer valuable insights on safety and security practices that can be adapted for other institutions that are grappling with many of the same issues.
Results of the National Campus Safety and Security Project Survey. A comprehensive survey of the state of preparedness of our nation's colleges and universities was undertaken beginning in August 2008. Topics covered include emergency preparedness, ability to respond to threats, preventative measures, physical infrastructure, communications and systems infrastructure, behavioral and mental health, business continuity, budget and funding, and emergency management.
The National Campus Safety and Security Conference was held in Boston on June 27, 2009. Representatives from diverse institutions from across the country heard about the results of key studies and listened to panels address leadership, student involvement, communication and technology issues, and organizational structures. Interactive discussions involved all participants in sharing best practices and developing an agenda for next steps.
- Campus Safety and Security Survey Results Released
(July 16, 2009)
- Role of IT in Emergency Management Examined
(October 23, 2008)
- National Campus Safety and Security Project Launched
(February 19, 2008)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- APPA, Leadership in Educational Facilities
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB)
- Campus Safety Health and Environmental Management Association (CSHEMA)
- EDUCAUSE, Transforming Education Through Information Technologies
- International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA)
The associations are grateful for the generous support for this project provided by the Lilly Endowment.
Vice President, Regulatory Affairs
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis