The 7 P's of Public Speaking
- Purpose: Why are you speaking? What do you want audience members to know, think, believe, or do as a result of your presentation?
- People: Who is your audience? How do the characteristics, skills, opinions, and behaviors of your audience affect your purpose?
- Place: Why are you speaking to this group now and in this place? How can you plan and adapt to the logistics of this place. How can you use visual aids to help you achieve your purpose?
- Preparation: Where and how can you find good ideas and information for your presentation? How much and what kind of supporting materials do you need?
- Planning: Is there a natural order to the ideas and information you will use? What are the most effective ways to organize your presentation in order to adapt it to the purpose, people, place, etc?
- Personality: How do you become associated with your message in a positive way? What can you do to demonstrate your competence, charisma, and character to the audience?
- Performance: What form of delivery is best suited to the purpose of your presentation? What delivery techniques will make your presentation more effective? How should you practice?
Daly, J., Engleberg, I. 1994. Presentations in Everyday Life: Strategies for Effective Speaking. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.
2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017 | Austin, TX
2017 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 7-8, 2017 | Washington, DC
Regional and Partner Events
2017 TIAA Leadership Symposium
March 27-29 | Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
2017 SACUBO Annual Meeting
April 30-May 2 | Hollywood, FL
2017 Student Financial Services Conference
March 19-21, 2017 | Las Vegas, NV
2017 Unrelated Business Income Tax
February 22-24, 2017 | Seattle, WA
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.