Student Financial Services Conference Call for Presentations
Do you have a story to tell, a success to share, research to convey? The SFS conference program committee invites you to submit a proposal to present a concurrent session at the 2014 Student Financial Services Conference being held March 9-11, 2014, in Anaheim, CA.
We are reserving several sessions for campus presentations highlighting an issue or topic of concern from which you feel the audience of bursars, student financial services directors, business officers, and others would benefit. Submissions should fall into at least one of the three topic areas: Organizational, Technical, and Interpersonal. They may come from campus administrators or members of the corporate community.
- Technology innovations
- Financial literacy
- Military and veterans education
- Creative/innovative collection techniques
- International payments
- Managing IDs and One Cards
- One stops
- PCI compliance
- Alternative ways of processing refunds
Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 2-3 learning objectives or audience takeaways
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at the intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews.
Guidelines for submission:
- The deadline for submissions is October 21, 2013. Proposals may be submitted until 11:59PM ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates of March 9-11, 2014.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. Each presenter included in the proposal must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation.
- The program committee prefers that proposals from vendors include at least one speaker from a college or university.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by December 20, 2013.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- Up to two (2) speakers per selected session will be given complimentary registration to the conference.
- Selected presenters are responsible for paying housing and travel incurred in conjunction with participation in the program.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
To be considered for the 2014 program, please complete the online submission form. Please note that a limited number of proposals will be accepted for inclusion.
Manager, Program Development
- Comments on Form 1098-T Reporting Due Soon
- New ITIN Procedures For Certifying Acceptance Agents and International Students
- Higher Education Community Offers Comments on Web Accessibility Proposal
- ON-DEMAND: The CBO's Role in Diversity and Inclusion on Campus
- ON-DEMAND: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
- ON-DEMAND: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives