Planning and Budgeting Forum Call for Presentations
Do you have expert knowledge and practical wisdom to share on resource allocation issues in higher education accounting? NACUBO invites you to submit a proposal to present at the 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum, being held September 22-23, 2014 in Denver, CO.
We are seeking proposals for presentations highlighting issues or topics of concern to budgeting and financial management professionals at colleges and universities. Submissions may come from campus administrators or members of the corporate community.
We are looking for presentations on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Program costing
- Effectively communicating financial results
- Options for centralized resource control and allocation
- Responsibility centered management
- Planning and budgeting for "green" projects (environmental sustainability)
- Assessing strategic institutional objectives
- Financing capital projects
- Developing and implementing budget systems
- Risk management
In selecting presentations for the Planning and Budgeting Forum, the program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of the target audience. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 2-3 learning objectives or audience takeaways
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at the intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews.
Guidelines for submission:
- The deadline for submissions is April 4, 2014. Proposals may be submitted until 11:59PM ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates of September 22-23, 2014.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. Each presenter included in the proposal must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation.
- The program committee prefers that proposals from vendors include at least one speaker from a college or university.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by June 2, 2014.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- Up to two (2) speakers per selected session will be given complimentary registration to the conference.
- Selected presenters are responsible for paying housing and travel incurred in conjunction with participation in the program.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
To be considered for the 2014 program, please complete the online submission form by April 4, 2014. The person listed as the primary contact for the proposal will be informed of the final decision. Please note that only a limited number of proposals will be accepted for inclusion.
Manager, Program Development
- Task Force Urges Regulatory Reform
- Legislators Take Action on Education, Charitable and Research Incentives
- Associations Comment on College Ratings System
- ON-DEMAND: How to Build, Develop, and Support a Compliance Program at Your Institution
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis