Higher Education Accounting Forum Call for Presentations
Do you have a story to tell, a success to share, research to convey? NACUBO invites you to submit a proposal to present a session at the 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum being held April 27-29, 2014, in Minneapolis, MN.
We are seeking proposals for sessions that highlight an issue or topic of concern that an audience of accounting managers, controllers, internal auditors, budget directors, CFOs, and others would find beneficial. Submissions may come from campus administrators or members of the corporate community. Corporate submissions should include a campus business officer as a co-presenter.
We are seeking presentations on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Internal controls/process improvements
- Shared services
- Cost containment ideas
- Organizational response to health care reform
- Internal reporting and analysis
- Financial accounting and reporting
- Campus tax issues
- International business issues - doing business in other countries
In selecting presentations for the Higher Education Accounting Forum, the program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of accounting and financial management professionals at colleges and universities. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 2-3 learning objectives or audience takeaways
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at the intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews
Guidelines for Submission
- The deadline for submissions has been extended to November 15, 2013, 11:59 PM ET.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each presenter listed is available to present during the dates of the meeting. Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking time until 2 months prior to the meeting.
- Proposal should include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. All presenters listed in a proposal submission must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university.
- Accepted presentations will be notified by December 30, 2013.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Up to two (2) speakers per session will be given complimentary registration to the conference. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Selected presenters are responsible for paying housing and travel incurred in conjunction with participation in the 2014 Higher Education Accounting Forum.
The deadline for submission has been extended to November 15, 2013. The person listed as the primary contact for the proposal will be informed of the final decision. Only a limited number of proposals will be accepted for inclusion.
To be considered for the 2014 program, please complete the online submission form.
Manager, Program Development
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis