NACUBO Leadership Series
New York Times Best-Selling Author, Social Entrepreneur and Motivational Leader
NACUBO is pleased to announce the 2017 Leadership Series speaker: Wes Moore. Moore is a youth advocate, Army combat veteran, promising business leader, and author of The Other Wes Moore.
To Moore, leadership is not about assigning tasks or delegating – it is about inspiring those around you to achieve a greater good, while empowering them to take charge of the tasks at hand. Oftentimes, leaders get too caught up in the details while failing to see the bigger picture: that what makes a good leader is the ability to adapt and evolve, while cultivating employees to become successful and accountable without micromanaging them.
In his presentation, Transformational Leadership: Evolve, Adapt and Inspire, Moore shares his personal story – how he overcame adversity and went on to become a highly successful leader in the public sector, private sector, and military – relating it to leadership audiences from all walks of life.
The NACUBO Leadership Series seeks to enhance the leadership skills of everyone working in the business office by bringing a well-known leadership speaker to select professional development events throughout the year.
Moore will be speaking at the following 2017 programs:
Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 1-3 | New York
Student Financial Services Conference
March 19-21 | Las Vegas
Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9 | Austin
Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 11-12 | San Diego
October 22-24 | Portland
About Wes Moore
Past Leadership Series Speakers
Stephen Young, Micromessaging: Why Great Leadership is Beyond Words
Dr. Helen Fisher, Biological Anthropologist
Bruch Weinstein, The Ethics Guy
Pamela Meyers, Certified Fraud Examiner
Eric Haseltine, Technology Futurist
The NACUBO Leadership Series is Supported by:
- NACUBO and FASB Discuss Grant Revenue Recognition
- ED Proposes Auditing Safeguards Rule Compliance
- NACUBO and ACE to Negotiate Rates for Use of Music on Campus
- WEBCAST: NACUBO Live! 2017 Higher Education Accounting Forum
May 7-9, 2017
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections and Clarifications
Thursday, May 25, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Results of the 2016 NACUBO Tuition Discounting Study
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
- ON-DEMAND: What’s Happening in Student Financial Services?
- ON-DEMAND: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO