2017 Planning and Budgeting Forum Call for Presentations
The NACUBO 2017 Planning and Budgeting Forum program committee is seeking compelling presentations that offer in-depth and practical treatment of current issues facing colleges and universities. Share your approach, knowledge, and experience in planning, resource allocation, analysis, decision making, or communication by submitting a proposal to present.
We invite you to propose a session that is relevant, innovative and useful. Share with other business officers what your institution has done to improve services, processes, efficiencies, success, or the bottom line. Focus on the strategies and tactics that will resonate with a higher education audience. Take advantage of the opportunity to advance the conversation, network with administrative colleagues, and highlight best practices.
We are seeking presentations on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Program costing
- Effectively communicating financial and budget information
- Options for centralized or decentralized resource control and allocation
- Integrating budgets with strategic institutional objectives
- Planning capital projects
- Developing and implementing budget systems
- Assessing return on investment
- Successful budget processes
- Developing campus efficiencies
The program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities. They will be looking for educational content that spotlights new approaches and resources and offers content that will appeal to attendees from many types of institutions. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Be clear about your topic and how you plan to make your session interactive.
- Include 3 learning objectives or audience takeaways. Learning objectives should be brief and state the purpose of the presentation in terms of enabling the attendees to perform tasks that can be measured.
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at an intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews
Guidelines for submission:
- The deadline for submissions is Friday April 7, 2017. Proposals may be submitted at any time until 5:00 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- New submissions will not be accepted after the deadline has passed.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates of September 11-12, 2017.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that they will be on the program. All speakers must agree to the terms and conditions for participation.
- Each proposal must have at least one speaker from a college or university.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. No more than three (3) speakers per session will be given complimentary registration to the conference. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- Proposal submission topics cannot be changed after the review and selection process.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Selected presenters are responsible for paying housing and travel incurred in conjunction with participation in the 2017 Planning and Budgeting Forum.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by June 2, 2017. The person listed as the primary contact for the proposal will be informed of the final decision. Please note that only a limited number of proposals will be accepted for inclusion.
- Final Report for the 2016 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments is Now Available
- What Did I Miss? February 28-March 20, 2017
- ACA Repeal Moves Forward as House Republicans Unveil Their Health Care Replacement Plan
- WEBCAST: Innovative Ways to Fund and Launch Online Degree Programs
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Friday, March 31, 2017 12:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: How to Budget for Technology That Aligns with Institutional Goals
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Update to Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education, 7th Edition: Corrections, Clarifications, and Consistency of Application
Monday, May 22, 2017 1:00PM ET