Endowment and Debt Management Forum Call for Presentations
NACUBO's Endowment and Debt Management Forum 2015 Planning Committee invites you to submit corporate showcase proposals for the forum that will take place February 4-6, 2015 at the Waldorf Astoria in New York City. We encourage you to submit dynamic, interesting and thought provoking presentations that will allow college and university chief financial officers, chief investment officers and their staffs to drive outstanding financial performance.
The Endowment and Debt Management Forum brings together over 350 campus and industry higher education financial management experts and offers an opportunity for you to showcase solutions, initiate provocative discussions, and share effective strategies that drive high performing financial results for NACUBO members.
We are seeking proposals for 60-minute corporate showcase presentations dealing with issues that address the broad range of financial skills needed to handle the increasing complexity of the higher education business model. The following list is illustrative of the types of topics the program committee is interested in - relevant topics not appearing on the list will be considered.
- Spending rule considerations. Is an 8 to 9 percent return a realistic expectation in a low interest rate environment? Should this reality drive higher education business model change?
- Risk in an environment where more risk is required to yield the required return.
- Debt capacity and management.
- Are there complementary skills required for Endowment Management and Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Management that can be leveraged by institutions and their consultants (consider the federal and state requirements under ERISA and UPMIFA).
The number of showcase sessions is limited to no more than five. The program committee will evaluate all of the proposals received and determine which presentations will be invited to join the program.
Guidelines for Submission
- Proposals may be submitted at any time until Monday August 11, 2014 - 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Participation fee is $3500 for selected corporate showcase sessions. Payment is due within 60 days of being invoiced.
- Do not submit proposals unless each presenter is available to present on Wednesday February 4, 2015. Accepted proposals will not be assigned a specific speaking time until 2 months prior to the meeting.
- Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation.
- Accepted presentations will be notified by October 3, 2014.
- Speakers must complete an acceptance form in order to be confirmed for a session. All speakers will receive an official confirmation letter.
- One (1) speaker from selected corporate showcase sessions will receive a complimentary registration to the entire forum. Additionally, selected sessions will receive a maximum of four (4) one-day passes for speakers and guests to attend on Wednesday February 4, 2015. Only one presenter per selected session will receive complimentary full program registration.
- Companies selected for showcases will have the opportunity to expand their visibility by sponsoring a meal function on Wednesday February 4, 2015.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles or edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
- Selected presenters are responsible for all expenses incurred in conjunction with the NACUBO 2015 Endowment and Debt Management Forum including housing and travel, and any additional logistical expenses (audio/visual rental beyond the standard setup, phone or internet connections, decorations, etc.)
The deadline for submission is August 11, 2014. The person listed as the primary contact for the proposal will be informed of the final decision. NACUBO will send a sponsorship agreement to every firm chosen for a showcase, followed by an invoice for the fee.
In selecting presentations for the Endowment and Debt Management Forum, the program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 2-3 learning objectives or audience takeaways
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at the intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic overviews.
- Preference is given to proposals that include a speaker from a college or university, as our members like to hear from their peers.
To be considered for the 2015 program, complete the online submission form.
- NACUBO Responds to GASB's Fair Value Proposal
- IRS Again Issues 1098-T Fine Notices
- SEC Approves Money Market Fund Reform
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- WEBCAST: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
Thursday, September 4, 2014 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis