Global Operations Forum Call for Presentations
NACUBO invites you to submit a proposal to present at the Global Operations Forum, September 30-October 1, 2014, in Phoenix, AZ, immediately following the NACUBO Tax Forum.
We are seeking presentations addressing the following topics important to colleges and universities and their global operations. This list is illustrative--relevant topics not appearing on the list will be considered.
- Legal, budgetary, administration, and compliance considerations of setting up operations abroad.
- Global support models and best practices (developing internal infrastructure, establishing methods of early awareness of international initiatives, methods for tracking international travel and activities, and integrating administration and faculty engagement)
- International human resource issues and best practices (hiring and contracting practices, U.S. and foreign requirements, administration of foreign benefits and payroll, and health and safety issues)
- Foreign banking, cash management and procurement practices (opening and administering foreign accounts, procurement issues and solutions, internal controls, and best practices for institutional policy)
- Working with foreign institutions (international subcontracts, subrecipient monitoring and auditing, vendor relationships, collections, and sponsor requirements
- US and foreign regulation compliance and monitoring
- Tax treatment of payments to U.S. institutions for overseas and online academic programs
- Structural issues to mitigate operational risk in study abroad programs
In selecting presentations for the Forum, the program committee will be evaluating sessions best suited to the needs of professionals at colleges and universities. Some key considerations as you prepare your proposal:
- Include as much detail as possible about the presentation.
- Include 2-3 learning objectives or audience takeaways
- Gear the presentation towards an audience at an intermediate to advanced level of understanding, rather than basic treatments or overviews
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- The deadline for submissions is April 21, 2014. Proposals may be submitted at any time until 11:59 p.m. ET on the deadline date.
- Submission of a presentation does not guarantee participation in the program.
- Do not submit proposals unless each speaker is available to present at any time during the program dates of September 30-October 1, 2014.
- Include all presenters that will take part in the presentation. Do not list co-presenters without definite commitment that the co-presenter will be on the program. The co-presenter(s) must agree to all the terms and conditions for participation.
- The program committee strongly prefers that proposals from vendors include at least one speaker from a college or university. All sessions must be educational and focused on content rather than promoting specific vendor services.
- Acceptance notifications will be sent by June 27, 2014.
- All selected speakers will receive an official confirmation letter. Speakers must complete an agreement form in order to be confirmed for a session.
- Up to two (2) speakers per selected session will be given complimentary registration to the conference.
- NACUBO reserves the right to revise presentation titles and edit the session description of selected presentations for NACUBO promotional and program publications.
To be considered for the 2014 program, please complete the online submission form. Please note that a limited number of proposals will be accepted for inclusion.
Manager, Program Development
- NACUBO Presses IRS for Relief from 1098-T Penalties
- Tuition Discounts Are Driving Up the Cost of College Says New Report
- FASB Clarifies Earlier Decision and Receives Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee Input
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis