VIRTUAL: 2014 The Higher Education Accounting Forum
Tune into the Higher Education Accounting Forum Rebroadcast.
Special Group Pricing!
A Whole Team For One Low Price - Once one person on your campus registers at the full price everyone else on your campus can register for free! In order to participate, each additional registrant must complete the online registration process and then will have full access to the event.
Please note - if you attended the event in Minneapolis you will automatically have access on May 19 and do not need to register for this event. However, if you want to take advantage of the group pricing then you will need to purchase this event separately to give your campus colleagues and staff free access.
Video Sessions Available
- FASB Update - Hear about FASB agenda items relevant to higher education.
- Affordable Care Act and How it Translates to Higher Education - This session explains compliance imperatives with specific implications for higher education.
- The Confluence of Internal Audit, Compliance and Risk Management - This session covers the process of bringing together diverse areas within a complex environment to achieve meaningful and efficient integration between internal audit and departments.
- Washington Update - While Congress remains divided on key issues, the agencies have moved forward on a number of initiatives. Learn about upcoming rule changes and other Obama administration initiatives.
- Data Mining/Fraud Detection - Are you drowning in a sea of digital data? In this session, participants will learn what data to analyze, what specific relationships to look for within a data set and what the results of those analytics mean.
- GASB Update (David Vaudt, GASB) Learn about current GASB projects relevant to higher education.
- Performance Funding and Communication (Scott Pattison and Bob Shea, NACUBO) Reduced state appropriations for public higher education is a trend that will likely not reverse in the short term. This session will discuss the challenges faced by both campus business officers and the state budget officers.
- Tax Update (Anne Jetmundsen, Univ. South Florida and Joel Levenson, Univ of Central Florida) Join members of NACUBO’s Tax Council for a comprehensive update. This session encourages questions, opinions, and interactive discussion on campus tax issues.
- Accounting Principles Update (Peggy Arrivas, Univ. California; Kim Kvaal, Univ. of San Francisco; Karen Craig and Sue Menditto, NACUBO) Hear about APC industry comparability initiatives. Select accounting and reporting issues of interest to public and independent institutions will also be explored from the vantage point of college and university council members.
Headlines (Lou Mezzina, KPMG, LLP)
universities, and higher education itself, are in the news daily. What is
the stories, what perceptions are created, and how are institutions
Analytics and Strategic Positioning (Susan Fitzgerald,
Investor Service and Pamela Clayton, Wells Fargo)
will discuss key metrics used by credit rating agencies, specific issues
can give rise to rating problems, and strategies to address or prevent
Detection (Johnathan Meyer, KPMG, LLP)
session, participants will learn what data to analyze, what specific
to look for within a data set and what the results of those
Review for Public Institutions (Pam Brenzing, Grand
State Univ.; Vicki VanDanBerg, Plante & Moran, PLLC)
and recent issues that colleges and universities deal with in their
purpose external financial statements.
Review for Private Institutions (Stuart Miller and
Zygmunt, Crowe Horwath, LLP)
highlight common and less common financial reporting display and
The discussion will point out how style and wording can impact
field work, GAAP compliance, financial performance communication clarity,
- OMB's New Uniform Guidance (Bryan Dickson, NACUBO and Kim McCormick, Grant Thornton, LLP) This session will provide an overview of the changes to administrative requirements, cost principles and audit requirements.
Who Should Attend:
- Business officers
- Internal Auditors
- Technical requirements: high-speed internet
- Access: Participants will have access until May 1, 2015
FeesMember Site Registration: $250.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $550.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.