Tips for Phone-Based Presenters
When a presenter cannot be in the studio the day of the program, NACUBO will connect the presenter to the studio via a phone bridge. The presenter's voice can be heard by the participants and the audio runs through the sound board in the studio.
The following are some best practices for presenters connecting to a studio:
- Be sure to send a hi-resolution color photo prior to the event. It should be in landscape format (800x600 is optimal).
- Call in on a land-line (with a headset if possible). Do not use a speakerphone or a cell phone.
- Mute your phone when not speaking.
- Do not listen to program via your computer; listen via the phone for a real-time cue.
- After you are introduced, wait 2-3 seconds before you start presenting.
- Use a hard copy of the PowerPoint slides while presenting; in case your computer screen freezes.
- Inform the studio when to push out the next slide in your presentation.
- Do not hang up after you finish presenting; just return to mute position.
Director, Distance Learning
- NACUBO Statement on Endowment Inquiry
- NACUBO Urges One-Year Postponement of Changes to 1098-T Reporting Requirements
- GASB Addresses Asset Retirement Obligations and Seeks Field Testers
- 2016 Higher Education Accounting Forum
April 10-12, 2016
- 2016 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 1-2, 2016
- 2016 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 19-20, 2016
- WEBCAST: Legislative Lunchcast: A 30-Minute Washington Update from NACUBO
Monday, February 22, 2016 12:00pm ET
- WEBCAST: Responsibility Center Management: Two Different Perspectives
Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Title IX: Key Issues Surrounding Institutional Compliance
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: The Clery Act: Strategic Planning to Mitigate Institutional Risk
Thursday, May 26, 2016 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: NACUBO Live! Results of the 2015 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis