Tips for Phone-Based Presenters
Telos is used during some studio-originated programs when a presenter cannot be in the studio the day of the program. Instead of being on camera, the presenter connects to the studio via a phone bridge. The presenter's voice can be heard by the participants and the audio runs through the sound board in the studio.
The following are some best practices for presenters connecting to a studio via Telos:
- Be sure to send a hi-resolution color photo prior to the event. It should be in landscape format (800x600 is optimal).
- Call in on a land-line (with a headset if possible). Do not use a speakerphone or a cell phone.
- Mute your phone when not speaking.
- Do not listen to program via your computer; listen via the phone for a real-time cue.
- After you are introduced, wait 2-3 seconds before you start presenting.
- Use a hard copy of the PowerPoint slides while presenting; shut off your PC monitor so the delay does not confuse you.
- Inform the studio when to push out the next slide in your presentation.
- Do not hang up after you finish presenting; just return to mute position (or use an executive conference call and turn off the on/off beeps).
- NACUBO Provides Input on Tax Reform
- FASB Considers Delaying Revenue Recognition Standard
- Push for Resolution to 1098-T Fines Continues
- 2015 CAO and CBO Collaborations
August 3-4, 2015
- 2015 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 28-29, 2015
- WEBCAST: NACUBO LIVE!: The Future Chief Business Officer
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:00AM ET
- WEBCAST: Analytics that Support Planning, Budgeting, and Results
Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Corporate Sponsorships: Getting it Right
Thursday, May 14, 2015 1:00PM ET
- WEBCAST: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Looking Under the Hood: Using Web-based Tools for Evaluating Institutional Financial Aid Policy
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis