Tips for Phone-Based Presenters
Telos is used during some studio-originated programs when a presenter cannot be in the studio the day of the program. Instead of being on camera, the presenter connects to the studio via a phone bridge. The presenter's voice can be heard by the participants and the audio runs through the sound board in the studio.
The following are some best practices for presenters connecting to a studio via Telos:
- Be sure to send a hi-resolution color photo prior to the event. It should be in landscape format (800x600 is optimal).
- Call in on a land-line (with a headset if possible). Do not use a speakerphone or a cell phone.
- Mute your phone when not speaking.
- Do not listen to program via your computer; listen via the phone for a real-time cue.
- After you are introduced, wait 2-3 seconds before you start presenting.
- Use a hard copy of the PowerPoint slides while presenting; shut off your PC monitor so the delay does not confuse you.
- Inform the studio when to push out the next slide in your presentation.
- Do not hang up after you finish presenting; just return to mute position (or use an executive conference call and turn off the on/off beeps).
- NACUBO Responds to White House College Affordability Plans
- Recommendations for Completing Form 1098-T
- Preliminary Results Show that College and University Endowments Returned 11.7 Percent in FY13
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Winter
January 27-28, 2014
- 2014 Endowment and Debt Management Forum
February 5-7, 2014
- 2014 Facilities and Administrative Rates - Long Form
March 3-5, 2014
- WEBCAST: Developing a Market-Informed Approach to Tuition Pricing
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- WEBCAST: How Behavioral Changes Helped Cut Energy Usage in Half
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:00 PM ET
- ON-DEMAND: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
- ON-DEMAND: OD: Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changed the Nature of RCM
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis