Tips for Phone-Based Presenters
Telos is used during some studio-originated programs when a presenter cannot be in the studio the day of the program. Instead of being on camera, the presenter connects to the studio via a phone bridge. The presenter's voice can be heard by the participants and the audio runs through the sound board in the studio.
The following are some best practices for presenters connecting to a studio via Telos:
- Be sure to send a hi-resolution color photo prior to the event. It should be in landscape format (800x600 is optimal).
- Call in on a land-line (with a headset if possible). Do not use a speakerphone or a cell phone.
- Mute your phone when not speaking.
- Do not listen to program via your computer; listen via the phone for a real-time cue.
- After you are introduced, wait 2-3 seconds before you start presenting.
- Use a hard copy of the PowerPoint slides while presenting; shut off your PC monitor so the delay does not confuse you.
- Inform the studio when to push out the next slide in your presentation.
- Do not hang up after you finish presenting; just return to mute position (or use an executive conference call and turn off the on/off beeps).
- Program Integrity Rulemaking to Be Delayed
- Associations Respond to McCaskill Sexual Assault Legislation
- COFAR Releases Frequently Asked Questions on OMB's Super Circular
- 2014 Planning and Budgeting Forum
September 22-23, 2014
- 2014 Tax Forum
September 28-September 30, 2014
- 2014 Global Operations Forum
September 30-October 1, 2014
- 2014 Intermediate Accounting and Reporting - Fall
October 13-14, 2014
- ON-DEMAND: Strategic Tuition Assessment and Tuition Restructuring
- ON-DEMAND: Are Shared Services Right for Your Organization – The KU Journey
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: 2014 Annual Meeting
- ON-DEMAND: FASB's Proposed NFP Reporting Changes
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Student Financial Services Conference
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Higher Education Accounting Forum
- ON-DEMAND: VIRTUAL: Global Operations Support and Compliance Forum
- A Guide to College and University Budgeting: Foundations for Institutional Effectiveness, 4th ed. - by Larry Goldstein
- NACUBO's Guide to Unitizing Investment Pools - by Mary S. Wheeler
- Managing and Collecting Student Accounts and Loans - by David R. Glezerman and Dennis DeSantis