OD: The Business Case for the Cloud
Recorded: Friday, May 20, 2011, 1:30 PM ET
As technologies like virtualization and cloud computing assume important places within the IT landscape, the chief business officer has a significant role to play. Not only will they be called upon to provide appropriate fiscal oversight and counsel, but also to help shape the business case for adopting a new service model in a dynamic and sometimes unpredictable economic environment. Understanding the driving decision to explore cloud services and the true costs as well as economies of scale are keys to success.
What You Will Learn:
- Explore the need for cloud computing on your campus.
- Identify a clear integration strategy for moving applications to the cloud.
- Evaluate and gain a better understanding of the challenges you may face.
Who Should Participate?
- Chief Business Officer
- Chief Financial Officers
- Vice President Information Technology
- Vice President Administrative Affairs
Meet the Presenters:
- Roger V. Bruszewski, Vice President for Finance and Administration for Millersville University (Moderator)
- Michael Hites, PhD, Executive Chief Information Officer and Associate Vice President of Administrative IT Services, University of Illinois
- Darren Wesemann, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Product Officer, Sungard Higher Education
- Course Level: Advanced
- Length: 100 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
FeesMember Site Fee: $0.00
Non-Member Site Fee: $49.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.