OD: Taking a Disciplined Approach to Asset Allocation and Rebalancing
Recorded on: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:00 PM ET
Thought you knew everything about asset allocation and re-balancing? What changes did your organization make to your asset allocation and approach as a result of the financial crisis? Should you have maintained your discipline? This session will discuss how innovative techniques combining a unique approach to not only asset allocation but also rebalancing could have been implemented during and after the financial crash. The presenters will also share the results of a study that evaluated the impact of various rebalancing strategies through the financial crisis and recovery, and how each strategy affected the volatility and return of a diversified portfolio.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Gain a stronger understanding of the importance of a disciplined rebalancing strategy through market cycles
- Learn how to use volatility as a tool with a formalized rebalancing approach
- Learn the role a diversified portfolio plays when rebalancing different asset classes
- Understand what it really means to have a diversified portfolio
- Have the ability to compile a list of questions to pose to your investment /finance committee regarding current asset allocation and rebalancing policies
MEET THE PRESENTERS
- Scott George chief investment officer, Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.
- Tom Pudner director of research, Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc.
- Reverend Dr. David McAllister-Wilson president, Wesley Theological Seminary
- T. Greg Prince , vice president of advancement and external affairs, executive director, Salisbury University Foundation, Inc.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Investment Officers
- Investment/Finance Committee Members
- Foundation Executive Directors
FeesMember Site Registration: $189.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.