OD: Preparing for Campus Protests and Civil Disobedience
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:00PM ET
OverviewCampuses have long been a bastion of free speech and protests concerning many complex social issues. It is critical for campus leaders to be prepared to support the welfare of campus community through continuous updates to processes and procedures. Reacting appropriately to campus protests is a skill that requires many different facets on the campus to collaborate to protect the higher education mission, prevent acts of violence, and maintain academic schedules.
Hear from the executive director of International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administration (IACLEA), also former chief of police at University of Wisconsin Madison, and a campus police chief discuss how the business office can assist in preparing and creating plans that can ease the trauma, and cost of these incidents.
What You Will Learn
After participating in this program, you will learn to:
- Examine how proactive planning can improve safety and costs of disruptive occurrences.
- Better understand how to minimize damage and disruption of campus activities.
- Review who should be involved prior to, during, and after a protest to optimize safety.
- Evaluate potential financial implications of a protest in labor and equipment.
Meet the Presenters
- David Mitchell, chief of police, University of Maryland
- Sue Riseling, executive director, International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
- Sally Grans Korsh, director, facilities management and environmental policy, NACUBO
Who Should Attend
- Chief business officers
- Vice presidents of finance
- Business office staff
- Budget directors
- Facilities managers
- Planning managers
- Risk managers
- Health, safety and environmental personnel
- Security personnel
- Length: 60 minutes
FeesMember Site Registration: $99.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $129.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.