OD: Understanding the 2011 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments
Recorded on: Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:00 pm ET
The NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments (NCES) continues to increase in stature as an acknowledged, nationally recognized measurement for endowment managers, relied upon and utilized by a wide range of institutions. This year, for the first time, we’re pleased to offer an expanded webcast that will provide attendees with the first-hand, analysis provided by Kenneth Redd, director, research and policy analysis, NACUBO and William Jarvis, managing director and head of research, Commonfund Institute. Redd and Jarvis will be joined by institutional representatives who will share their experiences, reactions and discuss their management of institutional revenues during this ground-breaking session.
In addition, the session will provide participants with an in-depth examination of the survey, its results and the implications for all institutions concerned with the performance of their endowments. Data from the study is critical and warrants an independent platform to allow all endowment managers, regardless of the size of their portfolios, to focus on these important operational issues.Attending this webcast will offer you important information that can affect your decision-making during this period of heightened market uncertainty.
What You Will Learn
- Gain in-depth knowledge of endowment performance results across the spectrum of institutions.
- Determine what asset class variations have been undertaken by endowments and what the impact of these changes have been upon performance.
- In analyzing current performance trends, learn what can be done to adopt new best practices.
- Understand what new governance changes can be introduced and how best to manage their implementation.
Meet the Presenters
- William Jarvis, managing director and head of research, Commonfund Institute
- Michelle Matis, vice president, finance and administration, Valencia Community College Foundation
- Deanna McCormick, vice president for business and finance, Clarke University
- Kenneth Redd, director, research and policy analysis, NACUBO
- Cathy Wood, vice president, finance and treasurer, Catholic University of America
Who Should Participate?
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Investment Officers
- Treasury Managers
- Endowment and Financial Analysts
- Board Members
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Length: 120 minutes
FeesMember Site Rate: $189.00
Non-Member - OD: Understanding the 2011 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.