OD: Tuition Discounting in An Era of Austerity
Recorded: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:30 PM ET
College budgets are tight. More students are unable or unwilling to pay for higher education. Will traditional tuition discounting strategies work in this new era of austerity? This webcast will examine current trends and issues in tuition discounting, and will focus on the strategies that may hold promise for institutions that seek to use discounting to increase their enrollment or meet other revenue goals.
What You Will Learn:
- Review the latest trends in tuition discounting and discount rates.
- Discover new and emerging strategies for enhancing your tuition discount practices.
- Learn about the potential risks of raising institutional grant expenditures during times of economic uncertainty.
- Gain new methods for communicating your discount rate strategies with boards of trustees, students, and other interested groups.
Who Should Participate?
- Chief business officers
- Financial aid administrators
- Enrollment managers
Meet the Presenters:
- Bill Hall, Founder and President, Applied Policy Research
- Patricia McWade, Dean of Student Financial Services, Georgetown University
- W. Mark Tew, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Howard Payne University
- Ken Redd, Director, Research and Policy Analysis, NACUBO (Moderator)
- Course Level: Basic
- Length: 110 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
NACUBO ResourcesCollege Tuition and Fees at Independent Institutions: The Real Facts - This publication examines how the traditional measures that compare rising college costs with the rate of inflation not only misrepresent the facts but also perpetuate the belief that all postsecondary institutions generally, and independent colleges and universities specifically, are actively engaged in pricing strategies that make higher education increasingly unaffordable. Join the discussion and comment on the paper through the NACUBO Connections site.(You will need a MyNACUBO login to access.)
FeesMember Site Fee: $0.00
Non-Member Site Fee: $49.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.