OD: The Composite Financial Index: Measuring, Reporting, and Monitoring
Recorded: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:00 pm ET
Learn about the Composite Financial Index (CFI), a metric unique to higher education. The CFI is a tool that helps monitor and communicate financial health and risks. Understanding how to calculate and use the CFI can aid in analysis, risk management, and assessing future conditions as the strategic plan is implemented.
Presenters will also discuss the application of the CFI through a graphic financial profile (GFP). You’ll hear the authors’ experiences on how organizations have used both the CFI and the GFP to communicate financial health, respond to financial results, and establish fiscal targets.
This webcast is the second in a series that is led by the authors of *Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education: Identifying, Measuring & Reporting Financial Risks (7th Edition). The other webcasts and upcoming sessions are listed below:
- Interpreting Financial Ratios: explained the origin of certain ratios, reviewed formulas and uses, and demystified interpretation.
- A New Construct for Liquidity and Debt Management: provided a new framework describing a more holistic approach to liquidity and debt management.
- Strategic Budgeting and Resource Allocation in Financial Planning: focuses on linkages between operating and capital budgeting processes and institutional strategy.
- Identifying Strategic, Operating and Capital Risks: aired on January 11 and explained information about financial matters, operations, capital requirements and organizational risks to trustees and others.
- Applying Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education: A Case Study will broadcast live on June 6 and will be the capstone program that pulls all concepts, analytics, and communication techniques together.
*Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition - this publication is a vital resource for every business office and will add to your webcast experience.
What You Will Learn:
- Explore the variety of ways you can use the CFI to plan goal-setting and financial modeling.
- Review formulas and learn appropriate methods to calculate the CFI.
- Become comfortable with communicating your institutions financial health.
- Examine how recent accounting and reporting changes impact the CFI.
Who Should Participate?
- AVPs of finance and administration
- Directors of Finance
- Business office staff
Meet the Presenters:
- Ronald E. Salluzzo, Author and President, State and Local Government Education, ATTAIN
- Phil Tahey, Independent Consultant and Author
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Length: 110 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
FeesMember Site Fee: $0.00
Non-Member Site fee: $49.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x