OD: The 365 Day University: What’s on your Risk Manager’s Mind?
Recorded July 17, 2007
What are the top 10 risk exposures at our universities? What are techniques to mitigate these risks? What strategies should be in place in working with risk managers on your campus?
This webcast will provide a look at the top 10 risk exposures that risk managers are concerned about. A panel including the chief business officers from Cornell University and the University of Vermont, along with their respective university risk managers, will compare and contrast their top concerns. In addition, the session will acquaint business leaders with key issues to consider in expanding the focus of university risk from “hazard-type” situations to that of strategic risk assessment and management.
What You Will Learn:
- Gain an understanding of key risk exposures
- Discuss processes – from both the chief business officer and risk manager perspective - to mitigate risk
- Learn creative ways to minimize and manage risk in daily activities
- Determine areas where chief business officers and risk managers have complementary and divergent concerns
- Discuss strategies for chief business officers and risk managers to work together effectively
Who Should Participate:
- Chief Business officers
- Members of the business office
- Risk Managers
- Campus Operations – Facilities, Transportation, Campus Police, Environmental Health and Safety
- Student Affairs
Meet the Presenters:
- Allen J. Bova, Director of Risk Management & Insurance, Cornell University
- Mary C. Dewey, Director of Risk Management, University of Vermont
- Stephen T. Golding, Executive Vice President, Finance & Administration, Cornell University
- J. Michael Gower, Vice President, Finance & Administration and Treasurer, University of Vermont
FeesMember Rate: $0.00
Non-Member Rate: $29.00