OD: Strategic Budgeting and Resource Allocation in Financial Planning
Recorded: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:00 PM ET
This webcast will focus on linkages between operating and capital budgeting processes and institutional strategy. A framework for resource allocation decisions will also be presented. These topics are intended to assist financial leaders develop or enhance tools that will link priorities established in the strategic plan to spending patterns in the operating and capital budget. The resource allocation framework typically precedes the budget process and would help answer questions related to institutional spending decisions.
The webcast is the fourth in a series that is led by the authors of *Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education: Identifying, Measuring & Reporting Financial Risks (7th Edition). The first four and upcoming final are listed below and available for on-demand viewing:
- Interpreting Financial Ratios: explained the origin of certain ratios, reviewed formulas and uses, and demystified interpretation.
- The Composite Financial Index: Measuring, Reporting and Monitoring: examined a tool that helps monitor and communicate financial health and risks.
- A New Construct for Liquidity and Debt Management: discussed metrics to assess institutional risk capacity and provided a framework for measuring liquidity.
- Identifying Strategic, Operating and Capital Risks - aired on January 11 and explained information about financial matters, operations, capital requirements and organizational risks to trustees and others.
- Applying Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education: A Case Study will broadcast live on June 6 and will be the capstone program that pulls all concepts, analytics, and communication techniques together.
*Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education, 7th Edition - this publication is a vital resource for every business office and will add to your webcast experience.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how operating and capital budgets can become communication tools.
- Hear how to analyze whether resource allocation decisions have furthered organizational strategies.
- Understand how key success indicators are used in the planning process.
Meet the Presenters
- Ron Salluzzo, Partner, Attain
- Phil Tahey, Consultant, Johns Hopkins University
Who Should Attend
- Chief Financial Officers
- Budget directors
- Planning officers
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Length: 120 minutes
FeesMember Site Fee: $0.00
Non-Member Site Fee: $49.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.