OD: Responsibility Center Management: The Process Necessary to Complete a Successful Implementation
Recorded on: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:00 PM ET
Many colleges and universities are studying Responsibility Center Management (RCM) as part of their effort to bring more entrepreneurship, accountability, efficiency and effectiveness into their budgeting process. RCM has existed for more than 30 years, but the model is getting new attention as institutions face a new era of constrained resources, with cutbacks in state and federal funding, limited growth in tuition revenue, decreased research funding, and increased financial aid to students.
Interested in learning more? Consider watching the on-demand webcast, Responsibility Center Management: How Innovations Have Changes the Nature of RCM which focused on the innovations and trends that have emerged in contemporary RCM models and how your institution can benefit from them. Or purchase a copy of Responsibility Center Management: A Guide to Balancing Academic Entrepreneurship and Fiscal Responsibility in either print or eBook format.
What You Will Learn
The issues, constituencies, and processes you will need to
address in implementing an RCM model.
- The importance of developing basic principles to govern RCM
development and execution.
- How RCM models can be customized to meet the unique needs of
a particular institution.
- Ways to responsibly manage expectations during an RCM
- The change management process required at your institution to make an RCM model as effective as possible.
Meet the Presenters
Guilbert L. Brown, Assistant Vice President, Budget and Planning and Chief Budget Officer,
George Mason University
- John R. Curry, Managing Director, Huron Education
- John Gilliom, associate dean for strategy, finance and administration, College of Arts and Sciences; professor of political science, Ohio University.
Who Should Participate?
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Academic Officers
- Associate Vice Presidents
- Budget Directors
- Unit Business Managers
FeesMember Site Registration: $189.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.