OD: Managing Risks and Opportunities under Coming Carbon Constraints
June 25, 2010 1:30 PM ET
Get the information you need on proposed legislation and what financing options within evolving carbon, tax and inventive regimes exist during this 90-minute session. Industry experts from the Chicago Climate Exchange, Green Campus Partners and the Financial Accounting Standards Board will be joined by Larry Eisenberg, executive director for facilities, planning and development, to help you navigate and understand potential financial statement implications, new liabilities to record, pass through tax credits, and other devices that would help fund projects on campus or would help link private third-party financiers to colleges and universities.
What You Will Learn:
- Inform members of potential financial statement implications, surrounding the current EPA mandates and proposed climate change legislation
- Offer guidance on how to advocate for additional tax credits, pass through tax credits, and other devices that would help fund projects on campus or would help link private 3rd party financiers to colleges and universities.
- Understand the range of financing solutions available to facilitate the implementation energy efficiency, renewable energy and other sustainability initiatives.
Who Should Participate?
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Business Officer
- Accounting Director
- Tax Director
- Sustainability Director
Meet the Presenters:
- Jim Thoma, President, Green Campus Partners,
- Adrian Mills, Practice Fellow, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB)
- William M. Ferretti, Ph.D., Vice President, Chicago Climate Exchange
- Moderator – Larry Eisenberg, Executive Director for Facilities Planning and Development Los Angeles Community College District
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Length: 100 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
FeesMember Standard: $0.00
Non-Member Standard: $49.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.