OD: Interpreting Financial Ratios
Recorded: Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 1:00 ET
For three decades the Financial Analysis in Higher Education series (ratio analysis) has set the standard for analyzing financial information. With the recent release of the seventh edition in the series, it’s time for a refresher course. There are numerous ratios that can be meaningful for colleges and universities. This program will explain the origin of certain ratios, review formulas and uses, and demystify interpretation.
- The Composite Financial Index: Measuring, Reporting and Monitoring: attendees learned about how the CFI can help monitor and communicate financial health and risks.
- A New Construct for Liquidity and Debt Management: provides a new framework describing a more holistic approach to liquidity and debt management.
- Strategic Budgeting and Resource Allocation in Financial Planning: focuses on linkages between operating and capital budgeting processes and institutional strategy
- Identifying Strategic, Operating and Capital Risks: aired on January 11 and explained information about financial matters, operations, capital requirements and organizational risks to trustees and others.
- Applying Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education: A Case Study will broadcast live on June 6 and will be the capstone program that pulls all concepts, analytics, and communication techniques together.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the origin and contextual use of certain ratios
- Explore the variety of ratios that you may be unaware of
- Review formulas and avoid calculation mishaps
- Become comfortable with interpreting what ratios mean
Who Should Participate?
- AVPs of finance and administration
- Directors of Finance
- Business office staff
Meet the Presenters:
- Ronald E. Salluzzo, Author and President, State and Local Government Education, ATTAIN
- Susan Fitzgerald, Managing Director, Prager Sealy & Co., LLC
- Lou Mezzina, Partner, National Industry Director Higher Education, KPMG LLP
- Phil Tahey, Independent Consultant and Author
NACUBO will add future webcasts to this series throughout 2011. Future webcasts will include other authors of Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education and institutional presenters.
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Length: 110 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
FeesMember Site Fee: $0.00
Non-Member Site Fee: $49.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.