OD: Identifying Strategic, Operating and Capital Risks
Recorded on: January 11, 2012 1:00 PM ET
The webcast is the fifth in a series that is led by the authors of *Strategic Financial Analysis for Higher Education: Identifying, Measuring & Reporting Financial Risks (7th Edition). The first four and upcoming final sessions are listed below:
- Applying "Strategic Financial Analysis in Higher Education:" A Case Study will broadcast live on June 6 and will be the capstone program that pulls all concepts, analytics, and communication techniques together.
- Interpreting Financial Ratios: explained the origin of certain ratios, reviewed formulas and uses, and demystified interpretation.
- The Composite Financial Index: Measuring, Reporting and Monitoring: examined a tool that helps monitor and communicate financial health and risks.
- A New Construct for Liquidity and Debt Management: discussed metrics to assess institutional risk capacity and provided a framework for measuring liquidity..
- Strategic Budgeting and Resource Allocation in Financial Planning: focuses on linkages between operating and capital budgeting processes and institutional strategy
What You Will Learn
Become aware of financial risks related to the physical plant and capital outlays
- Learn how capital considerations relate to key program initiatives
- Discover the types of internal financial reports that add the most analytical value
- Hear how risk analysis can best relate to core institutional activities and goals
Who Should Attend
Chief Financial Officers
- Budget directors
- Planning officers
Meet the Presenters
- Ron Salluzzo, partner, Attain
- Phil Tahey, consultant, Johns Hopkins University
FeesMember Site Fee: $189.00
Non-Member Site Fee: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.