OD: Hiring for a Global Campus—Why a Textbook Approach Won’t Work
Recorded on: Thursday, November 8, 2012 1:00 pm EDT
- Which countries are the easiest and hardest to expand into and why?
- Hiring employees, contractors, managing expatriate employees—what administrators have to cover?
- Employment Law and Employee Relations: Do you know there are certain countries that have a 13th month salary and others require grandparents be included in health coverage insurance?
- Employee Reward: From benchmarking, through implementation to ongoing administration, how you streamline your processes?
- What to do about employee benefits when you have a small workforce?
- Expatriate Tax: how to handle–tax equalization, hypo tax and Cost of Living Allowance (COLA)?
- Payroll & Personnel Administration Managing employee communication, tracking and reporting leaves, overtime recording, compliance monitoring, working time, etc.
What You Will Learn
- Gain a better understanding of local statutory requirements.
- Explore employment law and employee relations overseas.
- Identifying key risk areas and proactively managing those issues.
Meet the Presenters
- Dr. Surja Datta, Economics and Strategy, Oxford Brookes University
- Dr. Shan Nair, co-founder, Nair & Co.
- Stuart Buglass, director, human capital consulting, Nair & Co.
Who Should Attend
- Chief business officers
- Director of human resources
- Director of global initiatives
- Risk managers
- General counsel
- Tax directors
- Course Level: Intermediate
- CPE Field of Study: Business Management and Operations
- Length: 100 minutes
- Prerequisites: none
- CPE Credits: 2
FeesMember Registration Fee: $189.00
Non Member Registration Fee: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.