OD: Creating a Greenhouse Gas Inventory – What Does it Take
Recorded April 9, 2008
The American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC) requires signatories to complete a comprehensive inventory of all Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions within one-year of signing. This informational webcast will explain the general principles of conducting a GHG inventory, while providing examples from two contrasting campuses that have used different methods. Take this opportunity to learn from your peers and to enhance your understanding in conducting a Greenhouse Gas Inventory.
You will hear from experts at Clean Air-Cool Planet (CA-CP) and the Association of the Advancement of Higher Education (AASHE). You will also hear stories from the University of California-Berkley and Unity College and how they conducted their GHG inventories. Moderating th event is Georges Dyer, Senior Fellow of Second Nature one of the supporting organizations of the ACUPCC.
What You Will Learn:
- About the ACUPCC and GHG protocols
- About GHG inventory tools being used and what's available
- Processes and methods relating to conducting a GHG inventory
- Issues signatories face in conducting a GHG inventory
- Of resources for implementing the ACUPCC and GHG inventories
Who Should Participate?
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Sustainability Coordinators
- Facilities Managers
Meet the Presenters:
- Moderator: Georges Dyer, Senior Fellow, Second Nature and Partner, Greenland Enterprises
- Niles Barnes, Project Coordinator, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Jennifer Schroeder Andrews, Campus Program Manager, Clean Air-Cool Planet (CA-CP)
- Fahmideh Ahmed Title (UC Berkeley)
- Michael Womersley, Director of Sustainability, Unity College
- Course Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Length: 120 minutes
- Prerequisites: none