OD: Creating Structure on the Home Campus to Support International Activities
Recorded: Tuesday, September 27, 2011, 1:00 PM ET
Colleges and Universities are expanding their presence outside their home country. Global operations in higher education range from enhancing student and faculty recruitment, conducting research and developing students, faculty and staff. There are, however, legal, fiscal, and reputational risks involved with international activities.
This webinar is intended to share common and best practices used by colleges and universities to support international activities. We will be discussing the roles of administrative offices, academic units, and third party providers. Also discussed will be processes and procedures to vet global activities and policies commonly implemented to govern these processes.
The panel assumes that every institution is in a different stage of development with regard to supporting international activities. Webinar content will be designed to assist universities across all spectrums, including those with robust, mature infrastructures to support international activities, to universities that are just starting out.
What You Will Learn
- Gain a stronger understanding of common practices used by peer institutions to manage complicated overseas activities.
- Examine the roles of various stakeholders, from central administration to the academic units.
- Understand the internal processes and procedures which would most benefit your school.
- Learn which policies are most important to help maintain adequate oversight over international activities.
Meet the Presenters
- Christy Michels, Senior Manager, Global Administrative Policies and Procedures, Duke University
- Moderator: Bob Lammey, Higher Education Leader, High Street Partners
Who Should Participate
- Chief financial officers
- Risk managers
- Human resource staff
- General counsel
- Vice Provost of international affairs
- Course Level: Intermediate
- Length: 60 minutes
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.