OD: Common Compliance Pitfalls with Study Abroad Programs
Recorded on: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:00 PM EDT
In this webcast, the sixth in the series following the roll-out of the International Resource Center, we’ll explore the compliance challenges of offering study abroad programs overseas. Even if you’ve been conducting activities for a decade or more, there are many hidden issues that the business officer may not be aware of.Want to learn more? Tune into these previously recorded webcasts highlighting opportunities and challenges campuses may face when working abroad:
- China & India: What You Need to Know When Conducting Research or Educational Activities in These Countries
- Assessing Risk with International Activities
- Regulatory and Reporting Requirements Triggered by International Activities
- What Role Do Business Officers Play in Identifying Legal Risk with International Activities?
- Creating Structure on the Home Campus to Support International Activities
What You Will Learn
- Gain a stronger understanding of common risk factors that are present in most study abroad programs.
- Identify best practices for collaborating with countries and organizations abroad.
- Understand when study abroad programs can become a legal or compliance risk to the university.
Meet the Presenters
- Graham Hettlinger, associate director summer programs, Office of International Programs, Georgetown University
- Joseph Yohe, associate vice president, risk management,Georgetown University
- Bob Lammey, senior director higher education and non-profits, High Street Partners, Inc.
Who Should Attend
- Business officers
- Chief financial officers
- General counsel
- Director of human resources
- Risk management
- Length: 100 minutes
FeesMember Registation Fee: $189.00
Non Member Registration Fee: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.