OD: China & India: What You Need to Know When Conducting Research or Educational Activities in These Countries
Recorded on: Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:00 PM ET
Asia is the new Europe! International programs and activities in Asia, especially in China and India, have increased significantly across higher education the past decade.Whether running a research project, a joint degree program, or even just study abroad, the risks to the university can be significant.
In this webcast, the fifth in the series following the roll-out of the International Resource Center, we’ll explore the legal and financial challenges of operating in these popular countries. Even if you’ve been conducting activities for a decade or more, there are many hidden issues that the business officer may not be aware of.
Led by a panel of experts with doing business in these two countries, Christopher Carey, Adrian Mutton and moderator Bob Lammey, will identify the risk factors business officers should be looking for, and suggest best practices to help mitigate risks to your university.
Want to learn more? Tune into these previously recorded webcasts highlighting opportunities and challenges campuses may face when working abroad:
What You Will Learn
- Learn which program types present the greatest legal risk.
- Identify what common activities are often overlooked.
- Gain a stronger understanding of which
employment laws may present human capital and financial risks.
- Explore several approaches to reducing these risks.
Meet the Presenters
- Christopher Carey, director, global gateways, The Ohio State University, Office of International Affairs
- Adrian Mutton, chief executive officer, Sannam S4
- Bob Lammey, senior director higher education and non-profits, High Street Partners, Inc.
Who Should Attend
- Chief financial officers
- General counsel
- Director of human resources
- Risk management
- Length: 100 minutes
FeesMember Site Fee: $189.00
Nonmember Site Fee: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.