OD: Affordable Care Act: Implementation Roadmap for Colleges and Universities
Recorded on: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:00 PM ET
The effective date for compliance with the most impactful provisions of the Affordable Care Act is January 1, 2014. Our experienced panelists will help you build your knowledge and understanding of the Act’s provisions to help you lead your institution toward compliance. Financial penalties for noncompliance can be substantial.
- a college or university must offer full-time employees and their dependents minimum essential coverage that is both affordable and provides minimum value?
- there are still no final rules related to treatment of student employees and adjunct faculty
- institutions with self-funded medical plans will need to file excise tax Form 720 by July 31, 2013?
What You Will Learn
- Understand the employer shared responsibility provisions of the Act and who needs to be covered;
- Hear about state exchanges and the implications of your full time employees obtaining coverage through one;
- Recognize definitions and common concepts woven throughout the employer rules; and
- Discover how self-funded plans are treated under the Act.
Meet the Presenters
- W. James Hamilton, Partner, Bose McKinney & Evans LLP
- Maureen Pinnick, Manager of Employee Resources, Franklin College
- Daniel Rives, Associate Vice President for University Human Resource Services, Indiana University
Who Should Attend
- Chief Business Officers
- Chief Finance Officers
- Human Resource Directors
- General Counsel
- Benefits Administrators
- Length: 120 minutes
FeesMember Site Registration: $189.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.