OD: Lessons Learned in Communicating Financial Information Effectively
Recorded on Monday, May 18, 2015 1:00PM ET
The ability to communicate strategic, technical, and financial information to a variety of constituents, persuade them to respond, and even change their behavior are skills that are essential for the successful chief business officer. Sometimes that communication takes place one-on-one; sometimes it takes place before a larger audience. Whether you are communicating with board members, faculty, or staff, the art of communicating complex information is a necessary requirement in today's work environment. Learn key takeaways and get your questions answered by colleagues who have been focusing on these successful strategies.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop a key message and set of learning outcomes when presenting complex information to different constituents.
- Present financial and non-financial information in the language of your listener.
- Influence and inspire others across all of your communication.
MEET THE PRESENTERS
- Kelly Fox, senior vice chancellor and chief financial officer, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Gavin Leach, vice president for finance and administration, Northern Michigan University
- Howard Teibel, president, Teibel, Inc.
- Nicole Trufant, vice president for fiscal affairs, University of New England
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Chief business/chief finance officers
- Aspiring chief business officers
- Vice presidents of finance
- Budget directors
- Unit business managers
- Length: 100 minutes
FeesMember Site Registration: $189.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.