OD: FASB’s Proposed NFP Reporting Changes: What Higher Education Needs to Know
Recorded on: Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:00 PM ET
OverviewThe Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is moving forward in its quest to improve the not-for-profit reporting model. To date, the Board has reached decisions concerning cash flows, net asset classes, and an operating measure. These and other decisions will be exposed for public comment later this year. Attend this webcast program to understand the substance of the proposed changes and the Board’s motivation and rationale. Familiarity with the issues and the application of tentative changes will help inform higher education’s comments to FASB – from individual institutions and NACUBO.
What you will learn
- Hear how mission and resource availability influence operating results.
- Learn what direct method cash flows mean in the proposed environment.
- Understand how restrictions drive two revised net asset classes.
- Explore pending decisions (i.e., statement formats, net investment expenses, etc.)
- Gather information to consider for balance sheet, debt covenant, and ratio analysis.
Meet the presenters
- Jeff Mechanick, FASB, assistant director, nonpublic entities and chair of the NFP Advisory Committee
Pierce, partner, Crowe Horwath, LLP
- Sue Menditto, director, accounting policy, NACUBO
Who should attend
Chief Business/Finance Officers
- Financial reporting managers
- Vice presidents of finance
- Accountants from public institutions who support affiliated NFP foundations
- Preparers from NFP foundations affiliated with public institutions
- Course length: 100-120 minutes
FeesMember Site Registration: $189.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.