OD: Call the Internal Consultants: Lessons from Business Practice Improvement at Emory University
Recorded on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:00 PM ET
What You Will Learn
- Learn about how one university underwent a process to identify improvement opportunities in both finance and research administration activities, implement change, and manage the effort to build campus-wide acceptance.
- Understand key lessons learned in practice improvement and transformation projects.
- Gain a stronger understanding of the structure and scope of operations for a university’s internal consulting group.
- Learn about the BPI Fellows and BPI Scholars staff development programs and how those programs can be applied to any educational institution.
- Explore case studies from the change implemented by BPI at Emory University (Case Study: Financial Operations - Corporate Cards and Travel & Expense system and Case Study: Design & Build a Tool to facilitate financial reconciliation of sponsored programs)
Meet the Presenters
- William (Bill) Dracos, chief business practice improvement officer and associate vice president for administration, Emory University
- Jamie Smith, director, business practice improvement, Emory University
- Tony Armstrong, director, business practice improvement, Emory University
- Ashley Teal – associate, business practice improvement, Emory University
Who Should Participate
- Chief business/finance officers
- Vice president finance and administration
- Directors of research
- Unit business officers
- Business partners and/or consultants
- Course length: 110 minutes
FeesMember Site Registration: $189.00
Non-Member Site Registration: $219.00
Viewing a Program
If you have registered for a NACUBO webcast:
- Log in to MY NACUBO
- Click My Distance Learning Programs under the My Professional Development Section
- Click the name of the webcast you wish to view
- The webcast will open in a new window
For online purchases NACUBO only accepts Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Diners Club
To pay by check or purchase order
please use our
mail-in registration forms
For further assistance contact
For technical support visit our online:
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Windows Media Player 10,11 or 12
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 or later
- Flash Player 10.x
NACUBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.